New to Princess

pinkiek

1 hour ago, cnice515 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you as far as resolutions and paperwork, but I am able to get more OBC, and an occasional unsolicited "gift", from a TA so there is some financial incentive for me to use them.

And BTW, I work in GSO.

Ha, small world. im actually in Summerfield, but if you are familiar with the area, pretty much the same.  

I should have also said ive really never had a true personal TA that knew everything we liked, booked multiple cruises, etc.  I would love to find one of those, just havent had any luck with that over the years.  We were using the online ones which gave us a different person each time we booked.   If you know of a good one in our area, pls sent them my way.

thx

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

Ha, small world. im actually in Summerfield, but if you are familiar with the area, pretty much the same.  

I should have also said ive really never had a true personal TA that knew everything we liked, booked multiple cruises, etc.  I would love to find one of those, just havent had any luck with that over the years.  We were using the online ones which gave us a different person each time we booked.   If you know of a good one in our area, pls sent them my way.

thx

Very familiar with Summerfield, we live in Kernersville. 

I have found a great Princess TA, not local, she has done everything she has said that she will do and keeps in-touch via text so I am happy with her so far. 

We sail on our 1st in May so that is when I will be able to confirm she has completed everything she has promised.

16 hours ago, 20165 said:

Just my 2 cents, we have been booking direct with the cruise lines for our last couple of cruises and it seems to be less of a hassle to get issues taken care of.  Example, we had an issue getting our medallion order to go through and when i called, they just cancelled everything out and i reentered the order no problem.  I'm sure a TA could have also done that, but they would probably have to call Princess.  Paperwork seems cleaner too.  When i used a TA, i would get their branded receipts/cruise docs which for the most part matched the ones they got from princess, but sometimes they ', missing drink packages, wrong packages, etc. 

There is usually a cost savings using a TA, especially the online ones, but its not significant enough for us to go back to using a TA. 

There is no need for a TA to contact Princess concerning a Medallion order - the guest can call and deal with it themselves.  IMO, it isn't even a responsibility for a TA - especially a discounting TA.  There is a LOT of things we guests can work directly with Princess about when using a TA.  We just cannot engage Princess over re-faring, cancel, re-book, cabin change - the money aspects.  All the frills and extras like excursions, on board packages, getting Ocean Ready - that's all Princess.

I'd book directly with cruise line myself as I want to fully control all of our travel components, but the savings with a good discount TA are quite compelling and I can give up some control over my booking for that.

12 hours ago, 20165 said:

I should have also said i've really never had a true personal TA that knew everything we liked, booked multiple cruises, etc.  I would love to find one of those, just haven't had any luck with that over the years.  We were using the online ones which gave us a different person each time we booked.   If you know of a good one in our area, pls sent them my way.

thx

In my experience, I have worked with the same agent for two different agencies with online presence and also got personal service.  I worked with the same agent the next time by contacting them and not the general phone line or web access.  Hope you can find one by asking on a cruise or some other source.

Booking online is fine...until something goes wrong! Then you are at the mercy of the off shore call center. Definately use a CVP Mary Reza. I've seen a few names posted on CC, including one business card for a CVP. A bad CVP is not useful either. If you come across a post with a recommendation, try that person. Otherwise, use a local or online discount cruise site or take your chances booking on your own. Then when you are on your cruise ask EVERYONE you strike up a conversation with how they book. You should be able to get a couple of good recommendations. 

29 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Booking online is fine...until something goes wrong! Then you are at the mercy of the off shore call center. Definately use a CVP Mary Reza. I've seen a few names posted on CC, including one business card for a CVP. A bad CVP is not useful either. If you come across a post with a recommendation, try that person. Otherwise, use a local or online discount cruise site or take your chances booking on your own. Then when you are on your cruise ask EVERYONE you strike up a conversation with how they book. You should be able to get a couple of good recommendations. 

Sorry, I added May Reza who was my old CVP by error. She retired a couple years ago and I had to do the hunt to find a new CVP because the one assigned was not helpful. 

On 3/16/2024 at 3:56 AM, cjpj said:

Booking online is fine...until something goes wrong! Then you are at the mercy of the off shore call center. Definately use a CVP

You can book online and get a CVP later if you need one too. That's what I did. 😄