Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

12 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Yes!!  We will get there 2 to 4 days early.  We've been there twice before, but still more to see!!

#goals for you should be more drinks and have fun!!

Ha @tcmagnum you are so right!  Poolside now and it’s a lovely breezy overcast.  Not a huge sun lover so it’s perfect!  Have not had my first cocktail today but it’s coming! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Thank You  I can read most of it.  Several very familiar faces and names. 

Oh good!  They are doing a great job. Service is top notch. 

• Like 1

Today’s plan:

RN totally enjoy  these poolside chairs I grabbed this morning.  Will be here till lunch.

12:30 - meet The girls for Indian food at the buffet.  DD discover it yesterday and is now obsessed.  She has butter chicken and naan.  Definitely wanting more of that today-  will see what they have but the DH and I also enjoy Indian food!  Hey, the head chef is from India- has to mean something! 

4pm - wine tasting with chocolate pairing.  Will be sure to take you along. 

6pm - meet the girls for drinks at the observation lounge - looking g forward to enjoying that venue! 

7:30 - teppanyaki, A family favorite!  Thinking about splurging on lobster Again - anyone have experience with teppanyaki lobster onboard??

evening entertainment- lots of choices!
- Sing along in District Brewhouse - that was hopping last night and so fun! 

- adult comedy 

- 10pm thriller dance class - such fun! 

- deck 80’s party at 10:15 

we’ll see how much if that we make!! 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, L1211 said:

These people care deeply.  They want to see us delighted.  It was such a warming experience and reminder of how hard they work FOR US.  To make our dinner and vacation special.  just a reminder to call out great service.  They are so appreciative when we do. 

So glad you took the time to pull her aside AND to take time to share this story with us. I fill out hero cards as well. Most of the people who are serving us on these vessels are away from families, very young kids, aging parents, and most of them do it with impeccable professionalism and care. When one stands out to me I make sure everyone knows about it. It's the least I can do. 

21 hours ago, L1211 said:

But the margarita is top shelf!  Maybe a dozen or so and I wont care! 

Honestly, drinking Patron Margaritas all day is on of the best parts of FAS+. (However I do start the day with a Painkiller - the drink not the drug)

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Today’s plan:

RN totally enjoy  these poolside chairs I grabbed this morning.  Will be here till lunch.

12:30 - meet The girls for Indian food at the buffet.  DD discover it yesterday and is now obsessed.  She has butter chicken and naan.  Definitely wanting more of that today-  will see what they have but the DH and I also enjoy Indian food!  Hey, the head chef is from India- has to mean something! 

4pm - wine tasting with chocolate pairing.  Will be sure to take you along. 

6pm - meet the girls for drinks at the observation lounge - looking g forward to enjoying that venue! 

7:30 - teppanyaki, A family favorite!  Thinking about splurging on lobster Again - anyone have experience with teppanyaki lobster onboard??

evening entertainment- lots of choices!
- Sing along in District Brewhouse - that was hopping last night and so fun! 

- adult comedy 

- 10pm thriller dance class - such fun! 

- deck 80’s party at 10:15 

we’ll see how much if that we make!! 

Indian for lunch was moved up to 11:30 because the girls missed breakfast- appears they had a wonderful night- went to Adult Karaoke and had a blast!  Maybe closed down a couple of bars…. 

But, the Indian food was delicious!  Wish I knew enough go share what I tried,

but it was all flavorful and good. One red sauce with the cheese was a bit sweet for me,

still tasty!  Hitting the buffet at 11:30 is a great plan.  Gorgeous table in back corner with million dollar views.  

IMG_6612.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NengEuis said:

Honestly, drinking Patron Margaritas all day is on of the best parts of FAS+. (However I do start the day with a Painkiller - the drink not the drug)

Love this!  Just thinking of what I want to drink- I think this is a great idea!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cincicruisers said:

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us.

That’s so kind of you to say! Thanks for coming along! 

• Like 1

Answering my own question- just passed Cabo. Wondering if we might encounter whales.  The answer appears to be no. Per this migration map, they stop at the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Will hope to catch them on the way home! 

IMG_6624.png

Posted (edited)

I keep reading about the demonstrations on Cabo last sailing that stopped tenders- anyone have any information on that?  Checking online I’m not finding anything.  That would be heartbreaking! 

Edited by L1211

6 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Observation lounge for the win!  

IMG_6625.jpeg

It's one of my favorite spots on an NCL ship.

When we sailed Encore in 2020 with my aunt and uncle, the big round bar was their go to bar, so we always knew where to find them.

We loved the bartenders there and there was always something to snack on.

Lots of quiet spots along the sides and then it gets a little more lively as you get to the front.

Enjoy!!

4 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

It's one of my favorite spots on an NCL ship.

When we sailed Encore in 2020 with my aunt and uncle, the big round bar was their go to bar, so we always knew where to find them.

We loved the bartenders there and there was always something to snack on.

Lots of quiet spots along the sides and then it gets a little more lively as you get to the front.

Enjoy!!

It’s such a neat space!  I see big, generational families playing games, talking, laughing- what a blessing to have this space to gather if you are traveling as a group.  We’ll have our little group here at 6!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

I keep reading about the demonstrations on Cabo last sailing that stopped tenders- anyone have any information on that?  Checking online I’m not finding anything.  That would be heartbreaking! 

I’m not fluent in Spanish but it looked like they were protesting the split of port money between Federal and local government. The captain came on after and said it was the Mexican admin that shut it down. When we got back there was only one heavily armed soldier and the demonstrators had dispersed 

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

Answering my own question- just passed Cabo. Wondering if we might encounter whales.  The answer appears to be no. Per this migration map, they stop at the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Will hope to catch them on the way home! 

IMG_6624.png

Be on the lookout for Humpbacks in Cabo and south.  March is a big month for them.

• Like 1