Price for cabin only?

Right now all the NCL cruises we are considering seem way pricy but they include the the drink package, wifi, speciality dining. I would prefer getting a lower rate and then just pay per drink. It's been years since I have travelled with NCL. Is that likely to return or do they always bundle the cruise fare with these extras? 

Jenn

PS I am trying to plan a trip with extended family, some are diabetic, etc and many kids so the wifi and drinks aren't the best options for us. 

17 minutes ago, MamaJenncruiser said:

Right now all the NCL cruises we are considering seem way pricy but they include the the drink package, wifi, speciality dining. I would prefer getting a lower rate and then just pay per drink. It's been years since I have travelled with NCL. Is that likely to return or do they always bundle the cruise fare with these extras? 

Jenn

PS I am trying to plan a trip with extended family, some are diabetic, etc and many kids so the wifi and drinks aren't the best options for us. 

You can opt out of the "extras" when completing a booking.  Just have to unselect those options. My husband and I were able to opt out of the drinks and specialty dining packages. He doesn't drink so paying gratuities on a "free" drink package didn't make sense for us. 

• Like 1

You are looking for what NCL calls "SAIL AWAY" rates.  Those will give you a cabin in the class you choose, but you will not be able to "select" your specific cabin.  These also come stripped of the Free at Sea promos (except for the $50 Shore Excursion credit for guest #1) Unfortunately, given the high occupancy of most ships, many of the sailings I've looked at have that rate "sold out".

image.thumb.png.93ee3fb018f13fdbd2627a8c2194c6f7.png

You can also simply chose your cabin as normal and receive the $50 Excursion Credit and free internet minutes and "deselect" the drinks package and/or Specialty Dining.  This will reduce your price by the cost of those benefit's 20% gratuities.  

• Like 1

As an FYI as the Wi-Fi and excursion credit doesn't cost you an extra, like say the drink package does for gratuities, so it does not let you deselect them.  But you don't have to use them if you don't want.

Right now the gratuity comes out to be about $22 a day so if you plan on drinking an average of 2 drinks a day you would just about break even paying in advance for the package.  It also includes soda so two drinks and one soda a day and you are saving money getting the drink package.  

32 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

You are looking for what NCL calls "SAIL AWAY" rates. 

Most itineraries don't offer the sail away option.  As others have stated, the OP can book a specific cabin (or guarantee cabin if it's at that point) and opt out of the drink package/gratuities.

1 hour ago, MamaJenncruiser said:

Thanks, I haven't gone that far in the booking. Trying to compare prices and sailings, etc.

Jenn

The drink package and dining add ons are the same for every cruise of the same duration.   You can compare different cruises without subtracting those charges since they are a constant across all cruise of he same duration.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Most itineraries don't offer the sail away option.  As others have stated, the OP can book a specific cabin (or guarantee cabin if it's at that point) and opt out of the drink package/gratuities.

I agree.  And I was one of the "others" that mentioned that too in my post 😉

Little to no "Sail-Away Rates"  is certainly the case right now, given the high occupancy of all cruises.  NCL (and other lines) are not needing to offer that lowest fare to fill the cabins right now.

However, as you are aware, when they are available to book, they are always less than the lowest priced cabin in that category. 

If one doesn't want/need the beverage package or the specialty meals, and doesn't care if they are "assigned" a cabin, then looking for that rate (if it is available) can be a savings.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:42 AM, MamaJenncruiser said:

Jenn

Are you booking five or more rooms? If you are, contact a travel agent or group department at NCL. They can work with you on an amenity bundle that may be better for your group.