Conquest vs Rhapsody from Galveston

Hello, we are thinking about booking a cruise this July or December either on the Carnival Conquest or RCI Rhapsody. THe price ranges through our TA are really close to the same price ($100 more or so), but I just would like to see others opinions on the two ships. We are loyal Carnival sailers and have sailed Royal Caribbean once (Grandeur of the seas) which I have heard is like the Rhapsody. I personally prefer Carnival over RCI, but I still would cruise either one anyday! My DH and I want to try out RCI again but my DD wants to sail the Conquest hehe. We will see how it works out :D .

Thanks for your help!

Sis-o-Stir and I, along with her two boys (16 & 19), sailed on the Rhapsody over the 4th of July week last year (2005). We had previously been only on Carnival ships.

While both cruiselines are very similar, the boys prefer Carnival and don't want to do RCCL again. They said they had more fun and met more kids on Carnival.

Sis and I thought the food was better on Carnival (we had sailed on Carnival in March 2005) and the people were friendlier...both staff and passengers.

Either line and you'll have a good time...it's cruising!

Hello, we are thinking about booking a cruise this July or December either on the Carnival Conquest or RCI Rhapsody. THe price ranges through our TA are really close to the same price ($100 more or so), but I just would like to see others opinions on the two ships. We are loyal Carnival sailers and have sailed Royal Caribbean once (Grandeur of the seas) which I have heard is like the Rhapsody. I personally prefer Carnival over RCI, but I still would cruise either one anyday! My DH and I want to try out RCI again but my DD wants to sail the Conquest hehe. We will see how it works out :D .

Thanks for your help!

I have had the privilege of sailing on the Conquest twice and I am also a loyal Carnival customer. I am confident you too will love the Conquest! :)

If you ask on the RCL board you will get different answers. I sailed Conquest twice last year and will sail her twice again this year. She's a great ship. That being said, there's a lot to be said for the Rhapsody. It is said that she is the friendliest ship on the seas--I agree. Food is great, good shows, etc. The Rhapsody has very loyal fans/pax. Rhapsody is DW's favorite. You will enjoy it, but children probably do prefer CCL so that's what I would do in your circumstance.:)

Stircrazy: We where on the Elation the same time you where on the Rhapsody last year I believe!

I have a question...does the Rhapsody tend to rock? One of my Daughters friends went on the Rhapsody on their 3rd cruise last June and said it was bad! She also said that the waters where not that rought either! So...I dunno. I tend to think the water was a little rough, but who knows. I know that the Celebrity Galaxy rocks really bad though lol!

Thanks again!

We just got back on the Conquest and it was fun but I still prefer RC and so do my teenage boys (15 & 18). I like the entertainment better on the RCI (we were on Grandeur of the Seas) but found the food similar. The people were friendly on both. I'm not so sure about things closing down at 12 a.m. I still have my info from that cruise so could check but there seemed to be plenty of nightlife in both. I don't really think you can go wrong either way.

Stircrazy: We where on the Elation the same time you where on the Rhapsody last year I believe!

I have a question...does the Rhapsody tend to rock? One of my Daughters friends went on the Rhapsody on their 3rd cruise last June and said it was bad! She also said that the waters where not that rought either! So...I dunno. I tend to think the water was a little rough, but who knows. I know that the Celebrity Galaxy rocks really bad though lol!

Thanks again!

We had the Royal Suite, and I do think that when you are that high up and that far forward, the rocking is more pronounced. Same with PH 2 on the Ecstasy... lots of rocking and chair scraping from the deck above!

I love the Elation and will sorely miss her. I hope she fares well in Florida.

Archived