Transportation from Southampton to Gatwick?

I asked a in the Roll Call and this was the only answer:  There is a board for disabled cruisers. Ask there 

So, here is a copy of my original post:  Greetings! Since we have never been to England, we are completely lost RE: the best - and economical - way to get from the cruise port to Gatwick Airport. We are staying overnight in Gatwick to catch a direct flight to Boston the following day. Both my husband and I are classified disabled (primarily mobility problems with a couple of other health issues) so we aren't able to walk distances (especially with luggage!) Any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, lopow said:

I asked a in the Roll Call and this was the only answer:  There is a board for disabled cruisers. Ask there 

So, here is a copy of my original post:  Greetings! Since we have never been to England, we are completely lost RE: the best - and economical - way to get from the cruise port to Gatwick Airport. We are staying overnight in Gatwick to catch a direct flight to Boston the following day. Both my husband and I are classified disabled (primarily mobility problems with a couple of other health issues) so we aren't able to walk distances (especially with luggage!) Any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

From my experience of caring for my disabled husband if you book a train ticket you can then quote your booking reference to get assistance all parts of your journey. The service is excellent and free. Just have change ready to tip if you wish. The App is Passenger Assist.   Hope this helps and you travel safely.