Carnival Venezia 25th March - 5th April 2024

Hi,

My family and I will be sailing again on this beautiful ship, I have looked for this post on this message board but could not find it. 

it is our first ever Easter cruise, has anyone done that before? what was it like? 

My mom (71) and I (49) will be on this cruise.  We've never been on a cruise on a holiday before.  I usually look for those where schools are not on break.  

I'll be packing a few card and printable board games.  I know some of them are small children's games but I thought they would help pass the time and could be fun.  We have been to most of the ports before

Snakes and Ladders 

Dots and Boxes

Battleship

Wahoo

Monopoly Deal

Red Light, Green Light, 1 2 3

Uno

Several decks of cards for Gin, Rummy, Go Fish, Old Maid, Crazy 8's, etc.

Dice  for casual Bunco, Beetle, Shut the Box, Left Center Right, Pig.  Tenzi could be fun if enough people brought their own dice (10 for each player).

This list sounds like a lot but it really isn't if you print out the board.  If you see two ladies (one on a scooter) playing cards, dice, or board games on laminated paper, ask for ProfSnap (no, I'm not a professor, but I love Harry Potter and I couldn't afford the real Professor Snape) and say Hi.  We'd be happy for you to play a few rounds with us.

I also Crochet and will probably have yarn near.  I'll be looking for an un hosted fiber arts group on the ship.

Edited by ProfSnap
Added more content (crochet)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cruised solo last year in Alaska.  It was nice.

We will probably just stay on ship most of the time. Hard for my mom to get around and we like just relaxing.  

I'd definitely use the ships excursions if I was alone, too.  Gotta be safe.

Crusin Karen -  I'm Karin.  LOL  You can hang out with us!

• Like 2

I’d love to do Alaska but very intimidating alone! You are very brave! I live 20 minutes from Manhattan cruise port-reason why I’m cruising Venezia so much! Love her but wish they’d put a new ship here. I’m not comfortable  flying on my own. My last 3 cruises-magic and Venezia x2 I never got off the ship! I just figured this time I’d tour SJ and St. Thomas-2 1/2 hour excursions then right back to ship! 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 3:41 AM, ProfSnap said:

My mom (71) and I (49) will be on this cruise.  We've never been on a cruise on a holiday before.  I usually look for those where schools are not on break.  

I'll be packing a few card and printable board games.  I know some of them are small children's games but I thought they would help pass the time and could be fun.  We have been to most of the ports before

Snakes and Ladders 

Dots and Boxes

Battleship

Wahoo

Monopoly Deal

Red Light, Green Light, 1 2 3

Uno

Several decks of cards for Gin, Rummy, Go Fish, Old Maid, Crazy 8's, etc.

Dice  for casual Bunco, Beetle, Shut the Box, Left Center Right, Pig.  Tenzi could be fun if enough people brought their own dice (10 for each player).

This list sounds like a lot but it really isn't if you print out the board.  If you see two ladies (one on a scooter) playing cards, dice, or board games on laminated paper, ask for ProfSnap (no, I'm not a professor, but I love Harry Potter and I couldn't afford the real Professor Snape) and say Hi.  We'd be happy for you to play a few rounds with us.

I also Crochet and will probably have yarn near.  I'll be looking for an un hosted fiber arts group on the ship.

My family and I, have never been on a cruise for Easter so this will be different for us too. 

wow you have a lot of fun sounding games - a lot I have no idea on how to play sadly but I am sure you will find capable gamers on board there are some lovely areas on this ship that can accomodate group card games. 

I am hoping there are some sort of craft classes for everyone too, not sure if they will be running the create your own mask activity like they have in the past! 

14 hours ago, ProfSnap said:

I cruised solo last year in Alaska.  It was nice.

We will probably just stay on ship most of the time. Hard for my mom to get around and we like just relaxing.  

I'd definitely use the ships excursions if I was alone, too.  Gotta be safe.

Crusin Karen -  I'm Karin.  LOL  You can hang out with us!

I have never cruised solo, or travelled solo before so i think both you and Karen are so cool! 

we have an excursion planned for Amber Cove and for the other ports we will walk around or head to a beach, this vacation is purely relaxation time. 

Karen and Karin's unite to make a formidable gaming team! 

• Haha 1

So far I've only gone by myself once.  But it's either that or stay home.  My mom's health isn't well enough that she can travel much by plane anymore.  It's hard getting all her stuff through the airport, I need a lot of help from the airport staff.  

All the games I'm bringing should be simple enough to teach really quickly.  

We aren't taking any excursions so far. But if I see something that looks fun I might go on one.

Crusin Karen

Any tips on getting from the airport to the cruise terminal?

I plan on taking a taxi.  Would Uber be better? Our flight arrives pretty early so we should have plenty of time even if we have minor issues.

10 minutes ago, ProfSnap said:

Crusin Karen

I plan on taking a taxi.  Would Uber be better? Our flight arrives pretty early so we should have plenty of time even if we have minor issues.

No I’m sorry. Since I live here I never have to do that. Go to the departure forum maybe. 

14 minutes ago, ProfSnap said:

Crusin Karen

Go to North American home ports forum  then east coast departures and scroll down. There’s lots of info there! 

5 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Go to North American home ports forum  then east coast departures and scroll down. There’s lots of info there! 

Best advice!  I ended up reserving a car service that was recommended.  

On 2/23/2024 at 6:25 AM, Crusin Karen said:

Idk LaGuardia. Always used Newark but they’re all convenient to the area-JFK also. I was wondering about your solo AK cruise. Did you do a lot of excursions? 

I only did 1 excursion in Sitka because that was the only stop I hadn't been to before.  A couple of the others I just disembarked and walked around.  It was the very last cruise of the season and it wasn't busy.  I'm not sure if I want to go on one this cruise or not.  If I see something where I might get to see a turtle I'll definitely try it.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This will be our first time on this ship. Have cruised other cruises on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. This will be our first time back to the Caribbean in a few years. Looking for any suggestions on this particular cruise!

Edited by Mayberrybabe
Wrong year

• Mayberrybabe changed the title to Carnival Venezia March 25-April 5, 2024