Ketchikan Advise Please

Cleo21

We will be in Ketchikan in mid June.  Our ship docks around 2pm and from 2:30 - 5:30 pm we have a shore excursion booked with Celebrity: Rainforest Sanctuary, Eagles and Totems.  Apparently they take us out to Herring Cover Trail for a walk in the rainforest, stopping to see a Totem Sculptor, and then on to the Animal Sanctuary.  We hope to see bears, eagles and other wild life if the conditions are good.  My question is, if they drop us back at the cruise terminal at 5:30 pm, would we have time to walk around in town a bit, before we leave at 8:30 pm (which may mean all aboard is 7:30pm)  Is 2 hours long enough to be able to get into town for a quick look around?  Thanks for any info! 

Celebrity does not use Ward Cove.  Your ship will be right downtown.  And all aboard for passengers is half an hour before departure, so in your case 8 PM.  You will be able to visit the downtown area with no problem.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 3:47 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Celebrity does not use Ward Cove.  Your ship will be right downtown.  And all aboard for passengers is half an hour before departure, so in your case 8 PM.  You will be able to visit the downtown area with no problem.

Do you know Silversea docks? I will be there in Sep. My main focus is wild life. What would be the best option?

42 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Do you know Silversea docks? I will be there in Sep. My main focus is wild life. What would be the best option?

Silversea docks at Ward Cove. For wildlife I’d do the Bering Sea crab fishermen tour.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1