Do any Celebrity Ships Cruise One-Way from the U.K. to Barcelona

RWK1952

One way cruises seem to be a bit rare.  We are looking for options for a one-way cruise from the U.K. (Southampton, likely) ending in Barcelona.  We intend to spend some time in Andalusia after the end of our cruise.

My wife and I took a nice, one-way, southbound cruise from Seward AK to Vancouver in Sept 2023.  So I know that Celebrity at least does a few one-way cruises.  I thought I saw that the Celebrity Apex sometimes cruised one-way around the Iberian peninsula as well.

So far, the only ones I have been able to find are on Norwegian and Oceania departing in 2025.  However, even at one-way, the Oceania is almost twice as expensive as Norwegian for a similar class cabin, and similar extras..

Do you know if Celebrity does that one-way route, or perhaps any other options I might check?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, RWK1952 said:

One way cruises seem to be a bit rare.  We are looking for options for a one-way cruise from the U.K. (Southampton, likely) ending in Barcelona.  We intend to spend some time in Andalusia after the end of our cruise.

My wife and I took a nice, one-way, southbound cruise from Seward AK to Vancouver in Sept 2023.  So I know that Celebrity at least does a few one-way cruises.  I thought I saw that the Celebrity Apex sometimes cruised one-way around the Iberian peninsula as well.

So far, the only ones I have been able to find are on Norwegian and Oceania departing in 2025.  However, even at one-way, the Oceania is almost twice as expensive as Norwegian for a similar class cabin, and similar extras..

Do you know if Celebrity does that one-way route, or perhaps any other options I might check?

Thanks.

There are dozens of one way cruises.  I would suggest calling your TA or Celebrity.   Several TA websites have a search function to find cruises leaving your desired port.  Sorry that mentioning them is not allowed.

18 minutes ago, RWK1952 said:

Thanks.

Celebrity has a very good search feature, where you can enter departure port, date and it will narrow down the choices.

6 minutes ago, Liao said:

Celebrity has a very good search feature, where you can enter departure port, date and it will narrow down the choices.

I have used that search function, but was unable to find anything, so likely no one-way cruises exist.  But I had seen elsewhere that Apex occasionally runs one-way.  Which is why I asked hoping that someone might surprise me.  :-) 

I looked into similar itineraries a while back. Celebrity options were limited. I think Apex is the only Celebrity ship currently sailing out of the UK? In terms of somewhat similar itineraries, the Silhouette has one sailing from Rotterdam to Barcelona in August 2024 and Apex has one sailing in the reverse direction from Barcelona to Southampton in April 2025. I ended up making a booking with Holland America on the Nieuw Statendam from Dover to Barcelona for September 2025 ("14-Day Around The Iberian Peninsula").

7 hours ago, RWK1952 said:

Thanks.

Look for a TA site that lists repositioning cruises as one of its options and you may find what you want. Very little demand in the UK for cruises that start here and end anywhere in Europe and even less that start in Europe and end here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Look for a TA site that lists repositioning cruises as one of its options and you may find what you want. Very little demand in the UK for cruises that start here and end anywhere in Europe and even less that start in Europe and end here.

It appears that the one I have reserved with a $250 refundable deposit on Norwegian is by far the best, if one of the few.  My only hesitation is the size of the ship - the NCL Breakaway.  It is huge.  But people who have responded directly to my posts, as opposed to those who have left reviews, are almost universally positive about their experiences.

Posted (edited)

There are ones on Oceania, Princess, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Cunard, Azamara, and Regent. None on Celebrity.  There is a site offering cruises and other Vacations to Go on that has a really good custom search engine.

Edited by Mark_K

6 hours ago, RWK1952 said:

It appears that the one I have reserved with a $250 refundable deposit on Norwegian is by far the best, if one of the few.  My only hesitation is the size of the ship - the NCL Breakaway.  It is huge.  But people who have responded directly to my posts, as opposed to those who have left reviews, are almost universally positive about their experiences.

another option:

Celebrity Apex departs Southampton 26 July 2025.

It's a 12 night roundtrip but there would be 3 opportunities to disembark as follows:

1 August in Barcelona.

2 August in Cartagena

5 August in La Coruna.

You would need to check if disembarkation was permitted in any of the above ports and there would be a small fee but it could work.

Good luck. Geoff

Cruiseplum.com is an excellent search engine for finding cruises (it is not a TA site and you can't book through the site, it is strictly a search site).  You can filter in so many different ways.  I just did a filtered search for leaving the UK and ending in Barcelona and there were no Celebrity ships that do that, however I found Norwegian, Virgin, HAL, Royal, Azamara, etc...  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, luv2camp04 said:

Cruiseplum.com is an excellent search engine for finding cruises (it is not a TA site and you can't book through the site, it is strictly a search site).  You can filter in so many different ways.  I just did a filtered search for leaving the UK and ending in Barcelona and there were no Celebrity ships that do that, however I found Norwegian, Virgin, HAL, Royal, Azamara, etc...  

What an absolutely wonderful suggestion.  Thank you so VERY much.  Of all the appreciated responses I have received on this post, of which there have been many, this is the single best recommendation BY FAR.    CRUISEPLUM.COM  ROCKS !!!

To anyone else who might read this, if you are a cruiser, make sure to bookmark this site.

3 hours ago, luv2camp04 said:

Luv2camp04;  I am still learning my way around this Cruise Critic site.  You, like many other veteran posters, show a number of your previous cruises in the signature section beneath your posts and replies.  I have tried looking for a Signature Profile for myself, but cannot find it.  How do I access and add that information?  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, RWK1952 said:

Luv2camp04;  I am still learning my way around this Cruise Critic site.  You, like many other veteran posters, show a number of your previous cruises in the signature section beneath your posts and replies.  I have tried looking for a Signature Profile for myself, but cannot find it.  How do I access and add that information?  Thanks.

Glad I could help!!  For the signature, go up to your user name in the top right and click on it.  In the dropdown, click on Settings then on the left you will see Signature.  Hope this helps!  

P.S. Your comments were so nice and made my day.  I just had 2 people cancel their 30 day cruises today and I was a little down.  Thanks!!

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, luv2camp04 said:

Glad I could help!!  For the signature, go up to your user name in the top right and click on it.  In the dropdown, click on Settings then on the left you will see Signature.  Hope this helps!  

P.S. Your comments were so nice and made my day.  I just had 2 people cancel their 30 day cruises today and I was a little down.  Thanks!!

Thanks yet again.  Glad I helped bring a smile to your day.  I have added my own Signature now.  I was clicking on the little profile circle at the top right, which also has a Settings underneath it.  I needed to click on my User Name instead.  Then Account Settings did the trick.

I notice now that you have also cruised on the Celebrity Millennium a few times, most recently last year.  That was my first cruise ever and my wife's first in many years.  The ship was great and not very crowded since we took the cruise at the end of the season to try and see the whales and the Northern Lights. We booked an AquaClass cabin and were delighted to be able to dine in the wonderful BLU private restaurant almost every night.

We struck out on the Northern Lights, but struck gold on a whale watching tour.

Slide35.JPG

Edited by RWK1952
  • Like 1