New Chase Sapphire card need supplement too?

Hi! We just got a Chase Sapphire and I've very interested in the Travel Insurance it comes with. In 2023, we had a claim with our travel insurance because our flights were delayed (not by weather) so that we missed our cruise. Everything worked out in the end, but reading the coverage on Chase Sapphire, this would NOT have been covered. Is it possible to buy supplemental coverage for just the things our Chase Sapphire doesn't cover?

I've been careful to have insurance and don't want to have a VERY expensive mistake.

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

Hi! We just got a Chase Sapphire and I've very interested in the Travel Insurance it comes with. In 2023, we had a claim with our travel insurance because our flights were delayed (not by weather) so that we missed our cruise. Everything worked out in the end, but reading the coverage on Chase Sapphire, this would NOT have been covered. Is it possible to buy supplemental coverage for just the things our Chase Sapphire doesn't cover?

I've been careful to have insurance and don't want to have a VERY expensive mistake.

Thank you!

That’s an interesting discussion - I have the card also and asked a question about 3 month travel in Europe. Go back and read my post as I got some good info on the Chase card. I read Chase covers travel but specifics matter as insuring end to end travel. I hope others chime in on the coverage also.

On 3/16/2024 at 2:00 PM, let's go cruising said:

Thank you!

Hi let's go cruising,

Yes, it's possible to buy supplemental coverage for the things our Chase Sapphire doesn't cover.

I don't know if you need pre-existing medical conditions coverage for yourselves or non-traveling family members, but Chase nor any other credit card plan doesn't cover pre-existing medical conditions.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1