Nintendo Switch WiFi Question

My teen likes to bring his Nintendo switch lite the handheld version on the ship. Our last cruise I got the premium WiFi and he had no issues playing it. I was wondering if anyone knew if the social WiFi package would be enough for him to play some of his switch games? 

Thanks!

I don't think the social package will work for that:

Access the most popular social websites and applications. Includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites. Does not include access to most other websites or apps.

17 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The Carnival website is very clear about what is included in each plan.

Yes, but none of the plans say they can be used for playing on any gaming devices but I know the premium does work. It’s also different as you are not logging on to any website. All you are doing is connecting the switch to the wi fi. This allows you to play some of the games that are downloaded vs have a physical game card. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CreamsicleCatMom said:

Yes, but none of the plans say they can be used for playing on any gaming devices but I know the premium does work. It’s also different as you are not logging on to any website. All you are doing is connecting the switch to the wi fi. This allows you to play some of the games that are downloaded vs have a physical game card. 

I would not think the bandwidth of the social plan would be enough for video gaming.

• Like 1

I'm going to speculate No. The Social Plan does not give you general internet access beyond certain social media sites such as FB, etc. It is not simply a throttled down access. To have full internet (at low speeds) one at least needs Value. For any type of real time streaming, Premium is necessary. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CreamsicleCatMom said:

The Social plan only allows access to the sites it lists. If it's not listed, it won't work.

• Like 1