Positano Spiaggia Grande Beach

Jayhoaps

Hello everyone, will be doing a Mediterranean cruise in September with Carnival. One of our port stops will be in Naples. 

I came across the Spiaggia Grande Beach in Positano, and I was amazed. Does anyone know if there is any excursions to get there from the port? If not does anyone have any advice or insight on how to get to Spiaggia Grande Beach from port? Thanks in advance at this time. 

No excursions.  You can get there with public transportation (but it will take time and effort) or you can use a car service and walk the rest of the way (cars can only go so far into Positano).  If the timing works out you might be able to get a ferry to Positano right from Naples, which has the benefit of arriving at the water level, rather than climbing down.

While there is a small free section of the beach, without your own chair in tow you'd have nowhere to sit comfortably.  If you're going to spend time on the beach or in the water you really need to spend the money to rent a sun bed.  

Also, be sure to have water shoes, it's nearly impossible to walk from the beach to the water without them.  The pebbles that make up the beach get very, very hot in the sun.

There may be a second club but the one I know is Lido L'Incanto:  Beach restaurant Positano sea view with private beach Amalfi Coast (lincantopositano.com)

They are not taking reservations yet for the 2024 season but know that they will be needed.  While it's possible to show up and get a space last minute, it will cost even more (these places are not inexpensive).  Also, since you'll be tied to the timetable of the ship and the time it takes to get there from Naples, by the time you arrive they may be full up, so make a reservation if this is important to you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

No excursions.  You can get there with public transportation (but it will take time and effort) or you can use a car service and walk the rest of the way (cars can only go so far into Positano).  If the timing works out you might be able to get a ferry to Positano right from Naples, which has the benefit of arriving at the water level, rather than climbing down.

While there is a small free section of the beach, without your own chair in tow you'd have nowhere to sit comfortably.  If you're going to spend time on the beach or in the water you really need to spend the money to rent a sun bed.  

Also, be sure to have water shoes, it's nearly impossible to walk from the beach to the water without them.  The pebbles that make up the beach get very, very hot in the sun.

There may be a second club but the one I know is Lido L'Incanto:  Beach restaurant Positano sea view with private beach Amalfi Coast (lincantopositano.com)

They are not taking reservations yet for the 2024 season but know that they will be needed.  While it's possible to show up and get a space last minute, it will cost even more (these places are not inexpensive).  Also, since you'll be tied to the timetable of the ship and the time it takes to get there from Naples, by the time you arrive they may be full up, so make a reservation if this is important to you.

Thank you so much for all your insight, advice and knowledge, it is greatly appreciated. 

After seeing this place on the internet and social media sites, I knew I had to go here. Thanks for giving me the blueprint, which I will hope to follow to get to this dream destination of mine. Once again, thanks again.

Best Regards at this time.