Paid upgrade question?

retird

Question for those who may know.   I have a neptune guarantee(SC) which includes free crew appreciation.  If I take a paid upgrade to a neptune SB or SA, would I keep the free crew appreciation?  It is a 25 day cruise so crew appreciation is a hefty sum of money.  Thank you. 

I have never seen HAL offer a paid upgrade within a category (such as a Neptune), so I assume you are asking about what happens if you call them and offer to move up a level or two.  In this case, I am pretty certain you would get to keep the crew appreciation offer and anything else you have.  Of course you should ask this question to the HAL or TA person you are dealing with.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yes. The paid upgrade keeps everything on the original booking. However, there are more SCs sold than exist in inventory. You stand a pretty good chance of being assigned an SA without needing to do anything.

Edited by POA1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I have never seen HAL offer a paid upgrade within a category (such as a Neptune), so I assume you are asking about what happens if you call them and offer to move up a level or two.  In this case, I am pretty certain you would get to keep the crew appreciation offer and anything else you have.  Of course you should ask this question to the HAL or TA person you are dealing with.

Yes that is the scenario I am talking about.  I was just asking in case someone had done that.  I won’t be speaking to pcc until tomorrow

Usually they will price upgrades factoring in various amenities that you have but definitely ask. I suggest you look at what the current offer is for SA and SB and price in crew appreciation (if current price does not reflect it). Then you can see if it's a deal you want. Also check deck plan and which current cabins may be available, although a guarantee may not allow cabin selection you may still know value. Prices do go down from when you booked so potentially they could offer an upgrade but having your own data helps to prepare your decision. Also HAL may find selling your SC as an upgrade to someone in a lower Meta easier than an SA, giving them 2 upgrade revenues. 

• Like 1