memory failure (mine)

As I recall, Some weeks prior to a cruise FO starts offering upgrades, which frees up the cheap cabins.

Can anybody remember when this starts ?  I am now thinking about taking a cheap cruise in May,

but the  cheap cabins seem to have been sold..

On 3/19/2024 at 1:36 PM, terry2 said:

As I recall, Some weeks prior to a cruise FO starts offering upgrades, which frees up the cheap cabins.

Can anybody remember when this starts ?  I am now thinking about taking a cheap cruise in May,

but the  cheap cabins seem to have been sold..

A week or so on... you may already have seen that there are lots of entry level cabins available for May now.

We've been looking for a short hop of FOCl. We've just had a quick browse on the FOCL site and the first three cruises departing in May 2024 have cabins at the starter "from price." That works out about £180.00 a pppn on average for two sharing.

Of course there's the additional cost of the "gratuities" which are automatically added to the bill and the cost of the compulsory insurance... and travelling to and from the port. That's likely to push the pppn to well over £200. Then there's; the price of the speciality restaurants, Wi-Fi , shuttle busses, excursions and the drinks package at about  £25 or £35 pppn. It all adds up.

For well over £400 a day for the two of us in a bottom inside cabin... we've settled for a good hotel in Cornwall and included three course dinner in an exceptionally good restaurant with £70 in our pockets to pay for a couple of cocktails and some good wine instead.

Good luck. Hope that you enjoy whatever cruise you select.

Well, I think I managed to get the last interior cabin on the 7days around the scottish isles. That cost £999 pp (less the on board  credit).  I intend to enjoy it..  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, terry2 said:

Well, I think I managed to get the last interior cabin on the 7days around the scottish isles. That cost £999 pp (less the on board  credit).  I intend to enjoy it..  

Looks like changes since you booked.

At the quickest of glances, 4115, 4118, 4147, 4150 and 4010 are all still available at the same price this morning... haven't checked any of the others.

So lots now available if anyone wants them.

Very much hope that you have a good time.

sorry now even more confused - I am on the  borealis out of southampton on may 7th, and borealis has no cabins on deck 4.

Were you looking at balmoral out of newcastle? .