R-Class PH suites at/near aft elevator

kahuna21

We are about to book a cruise on Regatta, which is our first R-Class cruise. We would like a suite near the aft elevator and stairs on deck eight, but preferably offset from the elevator/stairs. Could someone describe which suite numbers open directly to the aft elevator/stair lobby? Many thanks. Also, we would appreciate input from any folks who have stayed in those suites directly on the elevator/stair lobby, regarding noise issues. 

We’ve sailed on all the R class ships apart from the Insignia but they are virtually all the same. We always have a cabin close to the aft lifts. We’ve sailed in 8042, 44 and 49. All more or less directly opposite the elevators/stairs and have never had any issue with noise.

R class ships only have 680 passengers so the lifts etc are never really busy. They are not ‘party’ ships so you won’t get a lot of late night foot traffic!

• Like 2

Let me answer this way.  We’ve sailed Regatta thrice.  Once in 8042 (18 days), twice in 8046 (18 days).  We join regatta in April in 8046 and again in August back in 8042.  See the pattern?  We love the quick access to the pool and Terrace and have never had a noise issue related to the elevators.  I’d worry more about chair dragging noises on the odd side cabins from Waves Grill above.

Spent 18 days in 8044 on Regatta last year and 10 days in the same cabin on Sirena this year. Love the location and booked the same location on Azamara R ship next year.

3 hours ago, jondfk said:

Let me answer this way.  We’ve sailed Regatta thrice.  Once in 8042 (18 days), twice in 8046 (18 days).  We join regatta in April in 8046 and again in August back in 8042.  See the pattern?  We love the quick access to the pool and Terrace and have never had a noise issue related to the elevators.  I’d worry more about chair dragging noises on the odd side cabins from Waves Grill above.

We were in 8049, ‘odd’ side and must admit there was no noise. In saying that we were just below the far end of Waves and the start of the Terrace so maybe we were lucky. 
Definitely best to double check what’s above you if you choose deck 8!