should I upgrade to VC cat. on Zuiderdam?

QueenYaYah

Hello - this is my first attempt at posting so please bear with me.

My husband and I will be sailing th Zuiderdam on June 17, 2006 celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary!!! We are currently booked in the VE cat. with a GUAR. - I've checked HAL's website and because we are past cruisers I can upgrade to VC cat. for just $120.00 more total.

So my questions:

1. Is there much difference in the two (2) cat.?

2. Do the cabins get larger as you go up in cat. - exp. VE to VC?

I'm really hoping that the upgrade fairy will visit (HAL said the past mariners get 1st upgrade options) and put me in one of the suites. Would it be to my benefit to be in a higher cat. (VC instead of VE) if I'm hoping for upgrade. If I don't get the upgrade I'm thrilled with the VE (I like being midship).

This is my first sailing on HAL - last cruise was with Carnival (hated it - I'm not a Carnival kinda girl); and 2 with RCCL (loved them).

Would appreciate any and all suggestions!

Thanks - I think I'll just leave as is and hope for the best.
I think that is what I'd do. Even though it appears that the VE has a smaller balcony, I think it has a better location more centrally located on the ship. The VC is more to either the front or the back, which would mean more motion.

Go to HAL website: (1) search for cruises ( Alaska cruise) (2) put in your sailing date choice (3) input your mariner number (4) choose June 17, 2006 sailing date on the ZU (5) look at the VE cat. vs. the VC cat. only a $60.00 per person difference.

Archived