Fishing

Dear all!

This September I’ll be sailing on the HAL Rotterdam from Rotterdam to the Norway Fjords. During this trip I would like to do some fishing in ports, like Alesund, Bergen and Geirangerfjord. Am I able to bring my own fishing gear aboard and do I need a permit in Norway to fish?

Thanks for any help in advance. 

Daniel

HAL may not prohibit fishing equipment but you will need to check with the Norwegian government. My boyfriend used to go fishing in Iceland and his equipment needs to be sterilized and have documentation. Just something you might want to look into. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Dear all!

This September I’ll be sailing on the HAL Rotterdam from Rotterdam to the Norway Fjords. During this trip I would like to do some fishing in ports, like Alesund, Bergen and Geirangerfjord. Am I able to bring my own fishing gear aboard and do I need a permit in Norway to fish?

Thanks for any help in advance. 

Daniel

Have not fished in Norway but have fished in other places. As I like to Fly Fish, I found contacting a guide service in the region I am going for help makes life easier.  Also, after bringing all my gear to Australia and Germany I found it was easier to get a guide that would provide the right equipment for the fish we were going after.

Not sure what type of fishing you do but link below explains about permits.

Fly fishing in Norway | Where and how to fly fish (visitnorway.com)