Cruisenext credit not being accepted

At some point during COVID refund, or thru a transfer with family, one of my cruise next’s became $300.00 Canadian when it was credited into to my account. The regular amount for Canadian dollar cruise nexts is $346.

i made a booking today and was told that because it was not the full CN amount of $346 CDN (approx $250 US)

has anyone else had this happen?

I had to pay the reservation at full cost and apply thru my agent, who is going to a supervisor at NCL to review whether they will allow it to be applied and give me a rebate.

otherwise I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do, this is a legitimately-purchased CN certificate, and they’re not letting me use it. Essentially garbage.

Has anyone else had this happen and how did you resolve?

You didn't finish your second paragraph, but I assume you mean they wouldn't accept it as the full down payment amount since it wasn't a full-valued CruiseNext certificate.

I'd be asking why it wasn't credited to your account as $346 if it was supposed to be worth that much.  This should have been asked within days of when it was credited to your account.

Given your current situation, if it is a valid CruiseNext in the eyes of NCL, then perhaps you will be able to use it when they run a special that permits 2 certificates to be used on a cabin.

9 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

You didn't finish your second paragraph, but I assume you mean they wouldn't accept it as the full down payment amount since it wasn't a full-valued CruiseNext certificate.

I'd be asking why it wasn't credited to your account as $346 if it was supposed to be worth that much.  This should have been asked within days of when it was credited to your account.

Given your current situation, if it is a valid CruiseNext in the eyes of NCL, then perhaps you will be able to use it when they run a special that permits 2 certificates to be used on a cabin.

I didn’t ask why it wasn’t $346 as I thought that was just what it would end up being with the exchange rates because everything was pretty messed up during COVID. I just accepted I lost money on the exchange. I guess I could go back and ask for it to be corrected to $346, I have an email cruise next dept. saying that the transfer was successful and valid until 2026, so at least I have documentation. 

I don’t think it’s really customer fault for not asking why it was not $346, from my memory, the CNs have always varied in Canadian pricing depending when you bought it, so they’re essentially stiffing me out of a CN. I am willing to use the $300 but if they want to top me up to $346 I won’t complain 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

And BTW the cruise is in 3 weeks so there is no downpayment, it was full payment only, so this is a kind of…a BS from NCL… due to some administration error which isn’t really my fault 

12 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I had to pay the reservation at full cost and apply thru my agent,

This isn't your only thread about confusion with this cruise. Why do think it's NCL's fault and not your agents, or your own?

Edited by IAcruising
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

If the cruise is paid in full and you were not allowed to use the CruiseNext cert, just save it for next time. They no longer have expiration dates.

This might be my last NCL cruise…

12 hours ago, IAcruising said:

This isn't your only thread about confusion with this cruise. Why do think it's NCL's fault and not your agents, or your own?

Oh here we go. The Cruise Critic tough love brigade strikes  again. 

as it turns out, we’ve already heard from the CNC dept. apparently this orphan credit was left over from peace of mind COVID booking and then transferred within family (to me) and that’s why there were issues around using it.

CNC got back to me personally this morning to let me know they will apply it if the agent emails them.

So in response to your tough love, I say:

So there, buddy. So there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

as it turns out, we’ve already heard from the CNC dept. apparently this orphan credit was left over from peace of mind COVID booking and then transferred within family (to me) and that’s why there were issues around using it.

CNC got back to me personally this morning to let me know they will apply it if the agent emails them.

So NCL fixed their error and acknowledged this was a special situation. Glad they did the right thing for you. 

1 hour ago, marktwothousand said:

And somehow YOU were not aware of this? For some reason, you just assumed that this was a regular CruiseNext that you purchased on a past sailing?

Just goes to show how hard it is to give a good answer when the person posing the question doesn't provide ALL of the relevant information.

That is odd...why would CNC need an email from a reservation agent to apply something that they actually control?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

And somehow YOU were not aware of this? For some reason, you just assumed that this was a regular CruiseNext that you purchased on a past sailing?

Just goes to show how hard it is to give a good answer when the person posing the question doesn't provide ALL of the relevant information.

That is odd...why would CNC need an email from a reservation agent to apply something that they actually control?

I dunno why NCL has to get clearance from my agent. Maybe because this involves money and it goes thru the agent?

anyway good news is my

agent has already heard back from NCL and my voucher is being applied as an overpayment which will be refunded in cash

4 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

This might be my last NCL cruise…

4 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

53 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

I dunno why NCL has to get clearance from my agent. Maybe because this involves money and it goes thru the agent?

anyway good news is my

agent has already heard back from NCL and my voucher is being applied as an overpayment which will be refunded in cash

Gee... A strange situation involving odd denomination credit left over from "peace of mind COVID booking" transferred through family and in 24 hours NCL had it all squared away. I wouldn't sail with them again either. 🙄

• Haha 3

anyway good news is my

Sounds familiar.

NCL was happy to apply the military discount to my cruise, shortly after final payment (which is technically too late) as long as my TA requested it.

Perhaps because it reduced their commission.

11 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Love is love, buddy. Glad it worked out for you. So there.

6 hours ago, icft said:

24 hours NCL had it all squared away. I wouldn't sail with them again either. 🙄

Yeah, this whole thing is just bending my brain.