FLL vs MIA better for Int'l flight arrival?

We (Canadian citizens) will be flying from Panama City (Panama) into Florida on Tuesday, December 17, 2024 for a cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 19th.  We have flown into MIA many times, and often have waited hours in lines that extended well outside of the Immigration Hall.  I am trying to decide whether it would be better to fly directly into FLL, or to fly into MIA?  It has been years since I flew into FLL and wonder which option would have us waiting less time.  Since my husband (80 years old) has mobility issues we could request wheelchair assistance if that makes a difference.  There are several flight options (times) into MIA, but the FLL arrival time would be around 3:30 p.m.

Clearing customs and immigration is usually faster in Fort Lauderdale  than at MIA. It's also often faster at Port Everglades than PortMiami.

• Thanks 2

FLL expanded their Customs & Immigration area around 10 years ago because Spirit was operating so many international arrivals there. And of course there is COPA. If your cruise is from Port Everglades, fly into FLL and save the hassle of getting there from MIA.

• Thanks 1