Shore excursions group vs Italy Tours

FlashF15

Has anyone done a tour through Shore Ex (not through NCL)?  I am looking at a couple tours through Italy Tours but noticed that Shore Ex has a few different ones (not offered through NCL).  Just wondered the difference between the 2 companies.  Thanks

My experience using Livorno as an example. 

Italy Tours (www.italytours.eu) will pick you up at your ship and at the end of the tour return you to the ship. You can arrange a tour just for your group or look to join one of their larger tours. My tours have been in mini vans to larger 15 seaters.  There’s a couple of options, but for the most part they recommend a guide and will obtained scheduled entry tickets. I’ve never had a problem with the company, and you’ll find a whole thread on them in this forum. 

Shore Excursions requires you to take the shuttle from the port into the city. (Shuttle is six or seven euros each and you can pay by credit card or euros.)  At Piazza M you’ll find their large tour buses.  Once bus fills up it leaves. As I’ve not used them I don’t know how many buses they offer daily and what, if any services they offer beyond transportation. 

• Like 2

@Girr thank you so much!  I have never used either company privately.  But, we have a couple tours already lined up through Italy Tours. I think we are going to stick with Italy Tours.

Thanks again!