Iona - Deck 14 or 15

BHA58

Hi. Could someone shed some light on why similar midship cabins on Deck 15 appear to be a bit cheaper (£60pp) than those on Deck 14? Is it due to noise, or are there other factors? I've checked the ship plans and there don't appear to be shade or privacy issues on the cabins I'm looking at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Will

On 3/27/2024 at 11:07 AM, BHA58 said:

Hi. Could someone shed some light on why similar midship cabins on Deck 15 appear to be a bit cheaper (£60pp) than those on Deck 14? Is it due to noise, or are there other factors? I've checked the ship plans and there don't appear to be shade or privacy issues on the cabins I'm looking at.

Will

Deck 15 cabins may have more noise in them late at night as the Skydome is mid ship on Deck 16 though Deck 14 has nothing apart from cabins above and below it.

Cruisemapper is a great site for deck maps going into more details of what is on each deck on many Cruise Ships.

Happy Cruising.

• Like 2

Thanks. As you suggest, it sounds like slightly increased noise would be the reason for the cheaper cabin on deck 15.

I ended up going for midship on deck 14. Now slightly concerned being higher up will mean more movement in rough seas, but I much prefer the balcony (view and design) compared to options on decks 4 and 5.

Morning , we have stayed in cabin 16332 on deck 16 same deck as sky dome and we have never heard any noise from dome even in the evenings when it all happens. In fact we are on Iona in October and booked same cabin and on Arvia next year and book same cabin as the location was perfect.

On 3/27/2024 at 11:07 AM, BHA58 said:

Will

The inset cabins on deck 15 will be more shaded  from the overhanging deck above than those on deck 14.