Simply More Shore Excursion pricing versus Unlimited pricing

Lvntrvl

I just logged into Oceania to review our account and see that they have now added another pricing category for Shore Excursions labeled "Unlimited". We previously booked 5 shore excursions on our South America/ Antarctica cruise which allowed us a 25% "Simply More" discount from the ala carte pricing. I also used a $400pp OBC offered through their New Year's Sale. When I attempted to do a price comparison between "Simply More" and "Unlimited" pricing, I found that several of our choices are priced as N/A under the "Unlimited" category. My questions are two-fold. (1) Do you have to book a shore excursion every day you are in port with the "Unlimited" package? (We have an overnight at one port, so I would assume that I need to book 2 excursions under the "Unlimited" plan.) and (2) If the tour that we prefer does not have "Unlimited" pricing do we pay the SM price w/ 25% discount or ala carte pricing? We are new to Oceania, so any guidance or thoughts are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

14 minutes ago, Lvntrvl said:

I just logged into Oceania to review our account and see that they have now added another pricing category for Shore Excursions labeled "Unlimited". We previously booked 5 shore excursions on our South America/ Antarctica cruise which allowed us a 25% "Simply More" discount from the ala carte pricing. I also used a $400pp OBC offered through their New Year's Sale. When I attempted to do a price comparison between "Simply More" and "Unlimited" pricing, I found that several of our choices are priced as N/A under the "Unlimited" category. My questions are two-fold. (1) Do you have to book a shore excursion every day you are in port with the "Unlimited" package? (We have an overnight at one port, so I would assume that I need to book 2 excursions under the "Unlimited" plan.) and (2) If the tour that we prefer does not have "Unlimited" pricing do we pay the SM price w/ 25% discount or ala carte pricing? We are new to Oceania, so any guidance or thoughts are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Just ignore that Unlimited exists since it is not available with SM. People who booked under OLife have access, but it was rarely a better deal than the 25% discount.

58 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Just ignore that Unlimited exists since it is not available with SM. People who booked under OLife have access, but it was rarely a better deal than the 25% discount.

Oceania no longer offers the Unlimited but they do still offer a 25% discount from the SM pricing if you book a certain number of excursions (number depends upon length of cruise and number of ports).  The pricing on the web page is very wonky and so you can not depend upon it to appear correct.  Your best bet is to write down the excursions you want and either have your TA or you call Oceania and have them give you the correct pricing.

• Like 1

Thank you for your responses. I have another related question. We received the 25% SM discount after having booked the minimum number of excursions. We are traveling to South America / Antarctica where several ports may get canceled due to weather. If Oceania cancels a port and we fall below the minimum threshold, do they still honor the 25% SM discount?

• Like 1