Cabin Coffee Creamer

A short while back, there was a flurry of activity here on CC about NCL replacing UHT coffee creamers ( such as Mini-Moos), with powdered coffee whitener, such as Coffee Mate, in the cabins. Can someone tell me what they are offering now. Thanking you in advance.

It may vary.  We were recently on the Getaway.  We started the week with coffee mate (liquid, not powdered) and ended the week with half and half.  Don't know if they were switching back to the half and half or if the were just using it until they were re-supplied with coffee mate.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

I like milk in my coffee, so I grab some from the breakfast buffet to keep in the room fridge. I think you could get half and half at the buffet also. My husband just uses the provided coffee mate liquid or whatever brand they may have. It was never the powder creamer. 

• Like 1

Last month on the Encore, the half and half small containers were replaced with another creamer type.   They were hard to open and I constantly had creamer flying when I torn them open.   Hoping NOT to find them again on the Joy in June.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goldmom said:

It may vary.  We were recently on the Getaway.  We started the week with coffee mate (liquid, not powdered) and ended the week with half and half.  Don't know if they were switching back to the half and half or if the were just using it until they were re-supplied with coffee mate.

Enjoy!

3 hours ago, detroitlions said:

I was just off the Joy last week it was half and half called Cloud House

So glad they seem to be returning to half and half!  Around a year ago they moved to only Coffee Mate.  Ick.  Maybe they heard the complaints!  

• Like 2

Actually, CoffeeMate does offer a half & half.  One of my semi-local restaurant chains uses this.
The first time I saw that in the creamer bowl on the table I was appalled -- until I took a closer look at the label 😆.

9 minutes ago, ChrysFox said:

Actually, CoffeeMate does offer a half & half.  One of my semi-local restaurant chains uses this.
The first time I saw that in the creamer bowl on the table I was appalled -- until I took a closer look at the label 😆.

Maybe.  But that’s not what’s on the ship.  It’s the artificial stuff.  They do have half and half in thermoses on the buffet.  I suppose one could bring a glass back to the room.  

When I was on the Escape in Sept 2023, I knew about the CoffeeMate thing. I brought mini-moos. It was nearly impossible to get real dairy half and half for coffee. I ran out on disembarkation day and begged one of the Starbucks people for a cup with cream in it so I could drink coffee at the MDR. (They were nice and gave it to me.)

I was astonished on the Pride of America to find the little brown tubes of Cloud House real half and half! I'm hoping the Prima has them, too. I really don't relish packing boxes of mini-moos.

20240225_052325.jpg

• Like 2