Holiday Cruise Question

We have been cruising for many years and this December it will be our first holiday cruise over Christmas on the Ascent.

We have cruised on the Apex and Beyond and were just on the Ascent at the beginning of March.  In all these cruises I was able to book Specialty Dining almost immediately after making the reservation.  Most of these reservations were a least a year from sail date and I had not made final payment.

The Specialty Dining for the Holiday Ascent cruise is not yet available, and I was wondering if this was normal that booking dining only happens much closer to sail date on holiday cruises

Celebrity usually does not publish these until much closer to cruise date on the Holiday cruises. Many locations will be serving a special menu and are priced higher as a special event. 

You may notice that there has also been a corporate decision (on both Royal and Celebrity) to do away with the longer 12 night cruise concept that covered Christmas and New Years to break it into two separate cruises .

• Like 1