Looking for information on Nile Cruises.

Cruisin_Greg

Greetings all. My wife and I are tossing around the idea of visiting Egypt. I've seen some itineraries that include a Cruise on the Nile. One complany I have been able to find a bit of information on is 'Presidential Nile Cruises'. I did attempt to search for them, using the Advanced Search engine, but was unable to find any threads. Anyhoo.... is there any information out there, on these boards, in regards to differnet Nile cruises? What can you all tell me!!!! Thanks so much.

EDIT: Just tried another search using 'NILE', and BINGO. Found some Reading material. =) I would still appreciate any feedback/hints, on what to look for while choosing something in this area though. Hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks again.

Did Nile cruise last summer with Cruise Egypt. Sailed from Luxor to Aswan and then stayed in Karnak for extra week. It was a fabulous experience - the hotel was out of this world on the banks of the Nile. Some excursions were included in the price but you could opt to do additional trips - the additional trips were quite expensive and we found you could book them on shore for half the price!! Everything ashore is very cheap but you do get loads of hassle from the locals - begging for money, policmen wanting to take you photo but requiring payment for doing so. However, it is quite safe to walk around ashore and the shop owners are really friendly because they want your business - nothing is too much trouble.

We were on the MS Diamond - it was rated as a five star ship - but it obviously was not. The crew were brilliant and the food was good but a number of passengers and crew came down with norovirus - flu like symptoms - pay particular attention to personal hygiene.

Everyone wants your money and you are expected to tip all the time but it was an experience of a lifetime.

Take Maupintour to Egypt!! They offer a great tour and you sail on one of the best boats. I had a balcony and all ...included. The price seems a bit high but once on the road you will spend NO MORE MONEY and you will order off the menu most nites in fantastic hotels. Plus you see everything ...all the sites etc. It was one of the best tours I've ever taken and I envy you your first trip to Egypt. It is a place like no other!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived