Voyager Promenade and Food

RKAJ

I'm leaving on the Voyager in 8 days :) and have a question...

What is all located in the promenade as far as food goes? How will I know what is free and what has a charge? Do they list a menu with prices so you can see everything? I keep hearing about the Promenade, Ben & Jerry's (i know this costs), but what else is located there? I don't want to be caught off guard.

Thanks

kim

The Cafe Promenade is the food area. There is free pizza, pastries, cakes, sandwiches and coffee. You may also purchase Latte's and Espressos and Ben and Jerry's . When I was on the Navigator there was a frozen yogurt maching next to BandJ that was free.

At one end of the promenade is where the food is. If anything costs $$, it'll be well marked! Sandwiches, desserts (not ice cream), coffee, etc. are all free. The sandwiches there are very good and the desserts are great too. So nice late at nite to go down and get something. The coffee is the best here to in my opinion compared to the dining rooms or other locations. Enjoy!

They have moved the frozen yogurt machine up to the pool deck now that Ben & Jerry's is in the promenade for an extra charge. They would rather have you pay, but it frozen yogurt is available on the pool deck.

I wish I was going on the Voyager in 8 days !

The pizza was quite good... good enough to return most nights for a pizza slice AND a sandwich. For the kids with unlimited energy who say "Dad, can I come too?" at 11pm, there are cookies. She's 6, by the way.

If only the coffee were tastier...

Uh OH another Pharissee has arisen who wants to strain out the gnat of free food and swallow a camel. :rolleyes:

Ignore us Tripman, we know the context of our conversation and struggle with negative souls such as yourself who must attempt to control our speech.

The main thing I remember about the Promenade food was that the cookies were soooo good! After my 1st cruise, I learned to hold off on the cookies until the last couple days of the cruise. Otherwise, I wouldn't have fit into any of my clothes by the end of the trip!

I think it was the coconut cookies that I was so addicted to. Peanut butter was great too. So make sure you eat a coconut cookie while you're there (but not on the first day! ;) ) and think of me! I also remember that the sandwiches were very good.

(Yeah, you can tell I'm dieting...I could go on & on forever about the food on that ship!)

Ignore us Tripman, we know the context of our conversation and struggle with negative souls such as yourself who must attempt to control our speech.

I'm not trying to control anyone's speech. I'm just saying that the food isn't free. Maybe if people realized that they'd be a bit less of a glutton on a cruiseship. There is nothing wrong with enjoying your food at dinner/buffet/room service/etc. But when you see so much overeating and also so much waste, you can't help but think that if people realized the food really isn't free, then maybe they wouldn't act like that.

Kim,

Take a walk around the promenade deck between each cookie. :rolleyes:

BTW I agree the coffee is best at the Cafe Promenade. I think its because so many people drink coffee here that it stays fresher. Wash down a couple of the croissant sandwiches with a cup. (Then use the stairs to avoid gluttony).

We are on the Voyager in April,glad to hear about the "no surcharge" food available in the Promenade ,just one more question though on the Grandeur they had food available til about 3 am (burgers,pizza fries)at the solarium pool ,is it the same on the voyager?

Archived