Points earned with RCI Credit card

Does anyone know how many points it would take to earn a cruise iwth RCI's Credit card?

for a 3 or 4 night Bahamas or Baja for 2 outside 50,000 pts. For a free 5 0r 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera for 2 outside 125,00 pts.

Redeeming points was like having a root canal. Nobody knew who to call or how to redeeem them.Then they only allow you to use the free cruise on very limited destinations. I just got so frustrated I cancelled my RCL card and took out another MBNA card that gives 1% cash back.

I don't find it hard to redeem the points at all. I do agree the free cruise destinations are limited. the 3/4 night only covers the bahamas or baha sailings (value max $1000) and the 5/7 night only covers the Caribbean and Mexican Riviera sailings (value max $2500). You can book a cruise over those dollar figures but that is all that will be paid towards the particular cruise and you would have to pay the difference. These are for outside only, but it seems to me that several people have booked balconies/JS and still been able to apply the coupon. I have not tried using it for JS yet, but I am going to contact the Crown & Anchor department and ask them if this can be done before I book my next 4 night bahamas cruise which I will be using one of the free cruise coupons for.

WADR, I've never had a root canal, but I have redeemed points many times, and I've been fortunate to have very little trouble. A quick call to the toll free #, and I've usually had them in hand in at least 2 weeks. My local TA also has no problem processing them.

I'm a HUGE fan of the rewards points. I'm debating now whether to apply the 50,000 point reward to our upcoming cruise in the form of a $500 discount, or to put it toward a free 4-day some time next year. Not exactly a bad problem to have! :D

My biggest disappointment is how many of my regular bills can't be paid with the credit card. I'm using it for everything else, but I was hoping to link all of my monthly expenses to it, then just pay it off. Unfortunately, it can't be done with my auto insurance, mortgage, and most of my utilities--not because of the card, but because those companies will only link payments directly to a checking account. Drat! That would have racked up the points really quickly. :(

Just turned our reward points certificate in today for our free 4 day 3 night cruise on the Majesty this coming December. I called last week (took all of about 5 minutes) to redeem the points (50,000) and the certificate came yesterday and I took it the our TA and we're all paid and ready to go. It was a piece of cake.

Archived