Deals on spa pass / aqua therapy pool on QE?

newbie202020

Hi, my senior parents need a hot tub to help with arthritis but I think the hot tubs are outdoors on QE. We're going to Alaska in a few months and they said that they don't want to use the hot tub outdoors.

Is the temperature in the aqua therapy pool in the spa as hot as hot tubs? What other amenities are included if I buy the spa day pass?

I hear that the pricing for the spa pass / aqua therapy pool is better once you buy onboard and if you buy for the entire voyage. What price should I expect for a 10-day voyage?

Do I just go to the spa on embarkation day and try to get a deal? I also read that if you buy onboard, the pass is for the full day instead of 2 hours if you buy online beforehand.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

The therapy pool is not as hot as a typical hot tub. I find hot tubs too hot and prefer the therapy pool, which I to be comfortably warm. Although most people just stand around in the pool or sit on the benches at the side, I like to walk in it. I guess it's about 4 feet deep. 

There are loungers in the pool area and an adjacent room has the heated loungers. There are also various steam or sauna rooms (others can tell you about those, I don't use them). 

You can't buy the full-cruise pass online. You need to do that when they board. The spa staff are happy to give a tour before you buy--it's a sales pitch for other services, but it will give you a look at the thermal suite.

Last fall on QV, the full pass cost $249 for a 12-night cruise. I have never seen any "deals" or discounts for the pass. There are specials on other services as the cruise goes on, but not for the thermal suite.  I always buy the full pass, so I don't know about the single day passes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, newbie202020 said:

Thanks so much @3rdGenCunarder for your detailed response. Is there an extra service charge (20%?) on top of the $249 full voyage cost? Thanks

No, thank goodness! That was the total price. It does seem expensive, but it's my favorite indulgence on board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The temperature in the hydrotherapy pool was 32 degrees (a staff member measured the temperature while I was in it and told me thats what it was and that it was "perfect".).