Second time at Hideaway

I love it. We were the only ship today at Coco cay on Wonder, which is rare now a days and man was it great being one ship. Hideaway is definitely our favorite and with one ship and lots of kids on Wonder, Hideaway was never packed and wonderful. I even found a 10 year aged whistle pig bourbon which I was shocked to see. I found it interesting though that currently they don't allow any shots, straight liqueur, neat, during "spring break". 20240401_141212.thumb.jpg.ddf1af4614915ee5e11a7a565c053390.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I love it. We were the only ship today at Coco cay on Wonder, which is rare now a days and man was it great being one ship. Hideaway is definitely our favorite and with one ship and lots of kids on Wonder, Hideaway was never packed and wonderful. I even found a 10 year aged whistle pig bourbon which I was shocked to see. I found it interesting though that currently they don't allow any shots, straight liqueur, neat, during "spring break". 20240401_141212.thumb.jpg.ddf1af4614915ee5e11a7a565c053390.jpg

I understand the reasoning behind that but It would not sit well with me , (at 54 yrs old) if I want to purchase a shot and could not. 

...I would quickly get over it though !

Cheers

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, colesc15 said:

I love it. We were the only ship today at Coco cay on Wonder, which is rare now a days and man was it great being one ship. Hideaway is definitely our favorite and with one ship and lots of kids on Wonder, Hideaway was never packed and wonderful. I even found a 10 year aged whistle pig bourbon which I was shocked to see. I found it interesting though that currently they don't allow any shots, straight liqueur, neat, during "spring break". 

Maybe it shouldn't just be during "spring break. In Dec there was a large group on young 20 somethings on our Odyssey sailing that kept ordering shots of Patron while they were in the pool on Odyssey. It was very annoying as they just kept ordering round after round not only consuming the pool bartender but eventually running the bar out of Patron for everyone else who wanted it.

Edited by bajathree

44 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Maybe it shouldn't just be during "spring break. In Dec there was a large group on young 20 somethings on our Odyssey sailing that kept ordering shots of Patron while they were in the pool on Odyssey. It was very annoying as they just kept ordering round after round not only consuming the pool bartender but eventually running the bar out of Patron for everyone else who wanted it.

Unfortunately, @bajathree, those "yutes" were us forty years ago. They just found a loophole in the system and took advantage of it.

I feel your pain for the lack of Patron in Hideaway Bay but maybe Royal has to anticipate the consumption and have more available.

Royal likes the bookings and the profit off of the "spring breakers" and this is part of the deal.

We think they might be inconsiderate but they think they are paying for it and getting their money's worth.

What a tangle web we weave.

Oh, to be young again, consume all of the Patron in the house and feel healthy enough to do it again the next day.....

🫠

• Haha 2