OBC in Circle Savings account not showing up with other OBC

Cafabi

When I log into my Captain's Circle account, it shows some unused military credit under the heading "Onboard Credits." (I had to crop that part off because of personal info). But this is not listed on my cruise personalizer with my other OBC under "Payments and Credits." Why is this Captain's Circle credit being treated differently? I have cruised since then, and it was not applied to my account.

image.png.5fa242e3ec3621f5badbc2847772d562.png

Posted (edited)

Mine shows up in the payments section of the cruise planner and is automatic for each cruise now (long expiration date shows, like yours).  When they switched to a shorter expiration date I did have to resubmit.

If yours isn't showing up you need to contact Princess.  Given your date you shouldn't need to resend the DD254.

Current cruise shows this on Payments tab:

Onboard Credits for this BookingCredits are in U.S. Dollars (USD)
  me DW Total
Booking
Total Onboard Credits $230.00 $330.00 $560.00
Booking Promotions* $100.00 $200.00 $300.00
Travel Agent Grp Promotion* $30.00 $30.00 $60.00
Military Benefits* $100.00 $0.00 $100.00
Shareholders Benefits* $0.00 $100.00 $100.00
Edited by LeeW
more

Posted (edited)

The picture you attached is what is shown because you will get from $50-$250 OBC when you take a cruise. $50 for up to a 6 day cruise, $100 for 7-13 days and $250 for over 14 days. That amount stays in your captains circle account until they decide to stop giving us the benefits. You should see the OBC in the information of the cruise depending on the length of your cruise. Below is how it shows for our next cruise under payment and credits, when I look at my captains circle account I see what you show.

Total Onboard Credits $200.00 $0.00 $0.00

$200.00                                     

Military Benefits* $100.00 $0.00 $0.00 $100.00
Shareholders Benefits* $100.00 $0.00 $0.00 $100.00
Edited by Moondogy

Thanks for the info. I have different OBC showing up in different places. The $50 is in Circle Savings and some more (from TA, shareholder, and current military) is in my cruise personalizer under payments. I am trying to figure out 1. how to move the $50 over with the rest and 2. why the $50 wasn't applied on my last cruise with Princess in 2019. I emailed the military benefit people 2 days ago but haven't heard back.

3 hours ago, Cafabi said:

Thanks for the info. I have different OBC showing up in different places. The $50 is in Circle Savings and some more (from TA, shareholder, and current military) is in my cruise personalizer under payments. I am trying to figure out 1. how to move the $50 over with the rest and 2. why the $50 wasn't applied on my last cruise with Princess in 2019. I emailed the military benefit people 2 days ago but haven't heard back.

The $50 in the circle savings will always show up there as a veteran. Once you book a cruise depending upon the length you will receive an amount ranging from $50-$150. The Circle savings amount stays there. if you received the proper amount of military OBC for the length of your cruise (ie. $50 for under 7 day cruise, $100 for 7-13 days or $250 for 14 0r above) you got the military OBC for your cruise. And thank you for your service.  

👍Thanks. OK starting to make a little more sense. Any idea why the $50 was not applied to my onboard charges (crew appreciation, etc.) on my last cruise?

13 hours ago, Cafabi said:

👍Thanks. OK starting to make a little more sense. Any idea why the $50 was not applied to my onboard charges (crew appreciation, etc.) on my last cruise?

Did you not receive military on your last cruise? How long was the last cruise and did you not get the right amount of OBC for the length of that cruise?

It was a 10 day, and I thought I had the right amount at the time but this discovery had me second guessing that. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "The Circle savings amount stays there?" Is it like a placeholder? The fact that it had a credit ID# and expiration date made it seem otherwise.

11 hours ago, Cafabi said:

It was a 10 day, and I thought I had the right amount at the time but this discovery had me second guessing that. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "The Circle savings amount stays there?" Is it like a placeholder? The fact that it had a credit ID# and expiration date made it seem otherwise.

It is showing that you have future OBC for when you book your next cruise, and it depends on the length of the cruise as to how much you'll get. the expiration date really doesn't mean a whole lot as they was going to try to make a lot of changes by making it so you couldn't have it along with SH OBC, they also changed it from refundable to non refundable. But the main thing is in the circle savings to show you will get at least that amount on each future cruise you take until they decide to take it away from us.