Carnival Legend Swimming Pools

Hello everyone, I will be cruising on the Carnival Legend in September and I had an inquiry about the swimming pools. I was on the Ruby Princess last November with my mom, but she was unable to swim in the pool. My mom is 5 feet tall, can't swim, and the pools in Ruby Princess were too deep, no shallow area. As a result, my mom was not able to enjoy the pool as it was to deep for her. I'm 6 feet tall and when I entered the pool, the water was upto my neck. So just wondering if anyone had any feedback on the pools on the Carnival Legend? Are the pools deep? Or does it have a shallow area when you enter? Any guidance on this manner would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Best Regards.

Posted (edited)

They are all one depth. I am recalling 4 ft or so. They are not as deep as the Princess ships. You didn't ask but full disclosure.... Carnival pools are salt water. Princess is fresh water.

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

They are all one depth. I am recalling 4 ft or so. They are not as deep as the Princess ships. You didn't ask but full disclosure.... Carnival pools are salt water. Princess is fresh water.

Not all Carnival ships are salt water (which I prefer). The Excel class are fresh water

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thank you for all your responses, it's extremely helpful. 

It's good to know they may have saltwater, I wouldn't mind that at this time. 

I can't touch the bottom without my face being under either so I just hold on to the side.

6 hours ago, Megan_Strick said:

I can't touch the bottom without my face being under either so I just hold on to the side.

So would you say the pools are deep?