Eating gluten free in the Queens & Princess Grills

skidroe

How does Cunard handle serving gluten free meals in the princess & Queen Grills ?
Does Cunard purchase "ready made " gluten free muffins , bread and waffles like Princess and Holland America?

I haven't been on Cunard since my trips on the wonderful "Sagafjord" many years ago.

My wife is gluten-free (Coeliac) and her experience with her diet in Princess Grill has been exemplary.  But yes, for the last three years, the bakery items are alas "ready made" and they no longer make these items aboard with gluten-free flour.  Oddly, though, they will go to the most extraordinary efforts to make gluten free Beef Wellingtons etc. and most breaded dishes, too. Just not the actual bread or biscuits.  

But Cunard are just outstanding... so much better than Oceania... with her diet and one of the main reasons we stay loyal to Cunard.  I don't think you'd be disappointed. 

But SAGAFJORD... sigh. I still remember sailing on the last voyage in home waters of VISTAJORD in 1983 when she was still a proper NAL liner. And we loved her as CARONIA. Those were grand ships and sadly Cunard never replaced them in quality or character since.