Iceland/Greenland 12 Night with a 10 year old

Hello! We are thinking about doing a 12 night in 2025 on Norwegian Star, and wondered if this was a "kid friendly" cruise. My daughter does LOVE to hike but she also loves interacting with other kids her age (she will be 10 during the trip). Has anyone had any experience on this or a similar cruise with a kiddo? If do, were there other kids on board and was the kids room even open? Thanks!

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 3:57 PM, NotYet44 said:

We are thinking about doing a 12 night in 2025 on Norwegian Star, and wondered if this was a "kid friendly" cruise.

NorwayIceland itineraries are not  usually as popular with families as other itineraries which offer more in the way of sunshine, beaches, and other ONSHORE activities. .

And the number of children onboard would also depend on when you intend to travel as there would be fewer onboard during school term times.

I suggest you consider cross posting on the NCL forum as some of your questions are NCL specific, eg the "kids room opening hours" (especially should there be very few children onboard)and any other child related questions you might have as pastCC members who travelled as part of a  family  group would be more likely to see it there.  And maybe the "family cruising" forum too.

Edited by edinburgher

• 2 weeks later...

We did 12 nights Iceland and Ireland last year with our two kids (8/11) in the summer. They enjoyed it! There were more kids onboard than I expected, so ours spent a lot of time in the kids club on sea days.