Carnival Cheers Beverage Package

7 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

I've brought this up in the past - the actual policy wording only indicates a limit under Cheers.  

This probably hasn't been confirmed anywhere though because if someone is exceeding 15 drinks in a day and paying as they go along, that is just bad budgeting lol.

Indeed, that's definitely a win for the cruise line if someone is going to drink that much and not take advantage of Cheers lol. Carnival isn't the morality police looking to decree how much booze you can or cannot consume as long as you aren't endangering yourself or others, but they are most definitely interested in making money hence why it makes sense to put a limit on Cheers and doesn't make sense to limit pay as you go customers.

My wife and I purchased Cheers for the first time on our 8 day Horizon sailing this past March. In the past we paid as we went, and came out "saving money". However, that didn't take into account water bottles, wine bottles, and any other non-alcoholic beverages.

On this trip, we had a total of 45 drinks each, plus countless bottles of water and an occasional ginger ale. Cheers was well worth it for us. Between no longer purchasing water and wine bottles to go along with our cocktails, and it's a no brainer for us going forward. We also used discounted gift cards and OBC to save money on the package.

• Like 2