Christmas Cruise

coachk34

I am considering a Christmas Cruise for our Honeymoon and would just like to get some thoughts on cruising this time of year. What do the boats do differently? Would you suggest a Christmas Cruise?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Majesty Of The Seas May 24th!!

Never cruised at Christamas but will this year.I booked a Christmas cruise as a Christmas gift for my niece and nephew and my sister.

Heard they decorate the ships and have caroling(on one ship I read about it but not sure which ship did the caroling)

Think it will be a neat experience.

karen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;12;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600  Till we are Elated again

Destiny 1-99

Celebration 9-00

Crown 3-01

Ocean 10-01

Golden 2-02

Golden 12-14-02

Grand 1-19-03

Conquest 5-4-03

Jubilee 8-23-03

Elation 1-11-04

Elation 12-19-04

I haven't cruised in Carnival for Christmas, but have on RCCL. I loved it and would go again in a heartbeat.

I'll share my Christmas Cruise experience on RCCL - The ship were beautifully decorated, they had a special Christmas dinner, special Christmas Shows, Santa made a visit (twice--once at 6AM for the early risers and again in the afternoon for those families that slept in), Caroling in the Atrium (complete with falling snow). On Christmas Eve a Christmas gift was left in the cabin when the room steward made up the cabin in the evening--last year it was a rolling carry-on piece of luggage and a small duffle. Each person in the cabin received the luggage. :-)

I would think that it would be pretty similar on Carninval.

NCL Sunward 1992

Premier (Big Red Boat) 1998

Sovereign of the Seas 2000

Fascination 2001

Carnival Spirit 2002

Carnival Conquest 2003

Enchantment of the Seas 2003

Sensation 2004

Well, if you'd like some advice from an old pro (you can take that any way you wish...I'm retired and been cruising for many years now).

ABSOLUTELY TAKE A HOLIDAY CRUISE!! Our first Holiday Cruise was aboard the Carnival Destiny. It was my first time on Carnival and I'll admit it, I was very skeptical that I would enjoy it. Well, let me put it to you this way...we've been cruising during the holidays every since!!

This year we're aboard Celebrity Cruise Line's Constellation - it fit our schedules perfectly AND we get both Christmas and New Year's on the ship, that almost never happens - we had to book it!!

What you can expect is the ship "dressed up" with holiday trimmings...garland and Christmas trees...and Santa comes for a visit. You can expect a few extra special touches...I recall receiving free champagne on our departure evening out of San Juan. However, this is a while ago and I won't guarantee that Carnival still does that for the holiday sailings.

Over the years, we've seen many honeymoons onboard and we've even seen couples be married on holiday cruises. I doubt you'll regret booking it.

I hope my input has aided in your decision. Good luck and congratulations.

Joe from NY

I haven't done a Christmas Cruise yet (but will on the Legend 12/21/sailing) but when we did Glory last year for New Year's the ship remained decorated with trees, garland etc. and there was a special dinner served on New Years Eve in the dining room on a specially printed menu (it had Christmas Trees on it) that you got to keep as a momento.

I can't wait.

Since my Dad died and was sick through the holidays in 2000, we hate being at home..........so we cruise!.

We being my Mom, Daughter and myself.

GO and have a great time!

Christmas is on a Saturday this year, so that may affect your plans. Also, prices for Christmas and New Yar's cruises are VERY HIGH, and there are always lots and lots of families and kids onboard. The ship's are decorated at the beginning of December, and remain through New Year's. You can get a much better price and a lot fewer kids going in early-mid Dec.

The cruise I was looking at leaves on the 18th of Dec. and is very reasonably priced. We get back in port on Christmas Day. I was just kind of refering to cruising during the holiday season.

Thanks for the posts, they were very helpful and encouraging!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Majesty Of The Seas May 24th!!

The reason it's very reasonably priced is because it gets back on Christmas Day, which means you'll be going back home. Will you be flying down and flying back? That could be another $$$ expense during the Holiday season.

Just wondering if anyone knows when they decorate the ships for Christmas. I've heard is right after the Thanksgiving cruise. We're going on Nov 27th and have been told (don't know if correctly) that the ship will be decorated then.

Some day my ship will come in ... but with my luck I'll be on a plane.

Carnival Triumph Nov 27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We took a holiday cruise 10 years ago out of New Orleans. We left on the 18 and returned the 25 of dec. It was great. We stayed in NO a couple of days after and enjoyed the city. This year we are leaving on the Conquest on Jan 2. Will it still be decorated?

We sailed over Thanksgiving last year and the ship was decorated for Christmas when we boarded the ship on Sunday before Thanksgiving. However, there were no Christmas shows at that time.

Celebration - 9/99

Inspiration - 12/00

Jubilee - 10/02

Elation - 11/03

Elation again - 12/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;12;12;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600  until the Elation

Archived