? Re: Luggage when you use ship transfers thru RC

We have only used ship transfers from our ship to the airport on debarkation day once and it was quite a number of years back. We will be using them again for a morning flight out of Amsterdam. Saw a post that made me wonder if Royal Caribbean will put the luggage in the cargo hold under the transfer bus that the passengers are on or will they transfer that luggage separately? There Was a post about someone barely getting their luggage delivered to the airport before their flight took off.

It would be especially good to hear from someone that has experience when doing this in Amsterdam or other European cities. Thanks for any info!

I haven't done it in Europe but in Seattle we put our bags out in the hallway and next saw them in Newark. I have a feeling that might be different with customs though. Sorry I don't have that info. It's a great service if you can check them through. I don't think I'd pay extra to just have it moved to a bus instead of picking it up myself and wheeling it over to the bus.

The problem with some of us on this cruise is we have quite early flights. Royal Caribbean will not guarantee to get someone to the airport if their flight is before 1030 am. There are pax with 10:55 & 11am flights so it’s cutting it very close. I’m sure wherever they deliver the luggage, we’ll have to take it through security, etc, ourselves and won’t have much time. 

Thanks for the info and you are probably right.

Yes, we do have a morning flight. Plus we can use the Royal Caribbean transfer service. If your flight is after 10:30 AM, you can use it. It might vary according to port & airport location, I’m sure,  due to different distances and airports. Another thing that might enter into that is how many major airlines happen to be flying back to the US the day of debarkation that’s probably an unlikely reason. There are others on our same cruise who have flights at 11 AM and they were also told they could use it. In fact, I think the line has to work with people who booked their tickets through the cruise line, and if they were signed in early flight, the cruise line must know if they would be able to get them there or not.

Thanks for replying.