Rhapodsy of the Sea Info

Is there any one that will give a report on, if they have fixed the damage from the busted pipe yet. When is the C&A return party and what was the sail a way party like. Also has anyone ever missed tendering in to Cozumel on ROTS due to weather or other reasons.

Thanks Paul

We sail at the end of May on Deck 4. Wondered how they handled the soaked rooms. What are odds they stripped the carpet? I hope as I can't imagine the moldy smell otherwise! Does anyone have any knowledge as to were the affected cabins were located?

Thanks!:)

We sail at the end of May on Deck 4. Wondered how they handled the soaked rooms. What are odds they stripped the carpet? I hope as I can't imagine the moldy smell otherwise! Does anyone have any knowledge as to were the affected cabins were located?

Thanks!:)

I heard they borrowed carpet from another RC ship while we were in port. So it sounds like some of the rooms already had new carpet before we left.

On last week's cruise a hot water pipe on Deck 4 burst while they were in port, I believe. I heard the steam from the pipe also set off the sprinklers but I'm not sure if I have that right. Several cabins were soaked. They put about 80 people up in hotels in Cozumel and then flew them to Houston, no charge. They were also given a free cruise to compensate them. I read about it on the roll call from last week.

I hope I have the facts right! Be interesting to hear from those returning tomorrow if they noticed any remodeling or anything.

We were on that sailing, 3/12. They replaced the carpet. at least as far as we could see. They had most of it done by the time the ship left on 3/19 I think. The story we heard was that a steam pipe had a leak, which caused the sprinklers to go off. About 40 rooms were affected, mid-ship on deck 4. Everything should be back to normal, or better by now.

My family and I sailed on the Rhapsody March 19th-26th. We had three cabins on Deck 4 (Main Deck). Everything was great in our cabins. We could tell that the carpet in the halls had been done recently because in some spots the carpet ran up the sidewall a few inches and in others it was flush at the bottom of the wall. All three of our cabins were off the main hall so perhaps the damage was elsewhere. But, like I said, our rooms were fine and the hallways were looking good, too. I really enjoyed this level. Right off the centrum, close to elevators and the dining room.

Archived