End of cruise final bill?

Clampram

35 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Unfortunately that does not always solve the problem. We left the ship with an account summary of over $1000. credit.(we put gift cards on the account when we first arrived). The summary we were emails had added charges totaling the amount of our credit and giving us a zero balance. It has since been resolved, but it wasn't an easy process. 

The final bill always comes to zero.  If it is a credit balance, it is referred to the finance department to cut a check.  If there is a balance owed, your credit card is charged. I wonder if most of us get a check.  I ended my first princess cruise with a <$10 credit balance but never saw a check.  Hardly worth the effort it would have taken. My second Princess cruise we ended with a small debit balance that was accurately charged to my credit card.

• Like 1

Just now, BamaVol said:

The final bill always comes to zero.  If it is a credit balance, it is referred to the finance department to cut a check.  If there is a balance owed, your credit card is charged. I wonder if most of us get a check.  I ended my first princess cruise with a <$10 credit balance but never saw a check.  Hardly worth the effort it would have taken. My second Princess cruise we ended with a small debit balance that was accurately charged to my credit card.

Usually a small amount less than $25 or so you can cash out at customer service. Larger than $25 is by check, but the checks are from a total different company something technology if I recall correctly. They look like junk mail in a plan envelop so easy to miss and toss.

Atleast for US other countries may have different process.