Should I be concerned - Silver Ray

tinaincc

We are scheduled to be on what now will be the first sailing of the Silver Ray on June 15th out of Lisbon.  Should I be concerned that it is the first voyage or that it may not even go forward as planned?  We were pretty comfortable that we were going to be on the second sailing but now that that one is officially cancelled I am starting to be nervous about our sailing.

I just saw on You Tube the statistics for maiden voyages.  Three out of 9 actually did sail as planned.  Of the rest, even the second proposed dates seldom eventuated.  Unfortunately, I think you are right to be nervous!

• Like 1

Have just seen this cruise is now completely waitlisted which in my experience means it will be cancelled. I hope it’s not the case but not looking good for you.

Just now, Joc123 said:

Have just seen this cruise is now completely waitlisted which in my experience means it will be cancelled. I hope it’s not the case but not looking good for you.

Really? I looked today and there were veranda cabins available. 

Online Lisbon to Rome is waitlisted but they show the segments are available.

This is what they did on our recently cancelled trip Singapore - Mumbai.

For your sake, I hope I’m wrong.

17 hours ago, Joc123 said:

Online Lisbon to Rome is waitlisted but they show the segments are available.

This is what they did on our recently cancelled trip Singapore - Mumbai.

For your sake, I hope I’m wrong.

Me too - although I plan to make lemons out of lemonade if they do cancel. We will use our cheap business class flights and figure out how to enjoy ourselves in the Mediterranean! Wonder how much notice we would get?

On 4/13/2024 at 2:37 AM, tinaincc said:

Me too - although I plan to make lemons out of lemonade if they do cancel. We will use our cheap business class flights and figure out how to enjoy ourselves in the Mediterranean! Wonder how much notice we would get?

Silversea doesn’t have a good reputation for letting customers know when cruises are cancelled.  However, the  “lemonade” aspect means that you should be able to book another Med. cruise at a good last minute price!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Silversea doesn’t have a good reputation for letting customers know when cruises are cancelled.  However, the  “lemonade” aspect means that you should be able to book another Med. cruise at a good last minute price!

Precisely!!