comment on clothing

espmass

Thought I'd make a comment as a change off from hearing about the fire tradgedy- I just finished laying out my clothes for my 4/1 Golden cruise and I found that each time I cruise, I am able to pack less and less. I manage to wear white cotton slacks with three different very casual tops (almost t shirts) for dinner and the evening (I'm female) and black slacks with two different tops the other nights. Plus the two formals of course! Yes, I am a lot more casual than some people but I never feel inappropriately dressed and am always comfortable. Just thought I'd mention this to all those people who wonder what to wear so they know there will be at least one person wearing the same pants three times! I always just pray I don't spill anything into my lap.

I'm with you...pack light, less to pack, less to unpack. I bring 3 pairs of white cotton pants. Fancy black and fancy white pants. One formal dress...I wear it twice...go to a different restaurant second night and who cares anyway. 4 nice silk blouces for night-time, 4 tees for the day. Snickers, flip flops and pair of black flats and shoes to go with my formal outfit. Bathing suit, coverup and night dress...throw in some underwear and I'm ready to go. There is always laundry service if necessary!

I plan to do just one load of laundry mid week and that's only because I go to the gym twice a day and that stuff stinks! I'm also going to San Juan 3 days early which means the stuff will stink longer. I found the cutest thing at Target today. It's a travel size of Tide liquid detergent in a miniature Tide bottle complete with the blue measuring cap and enough for two loads all for 99 cents. Amazing what little things make me happy!

I found the cutest thing at Target today. It's a travel size of Tide liquid detergent in a miniature Tide bottle complete with the blue measuring cap and enough for two loads all for 99 cents. Amazing what little things make me happy!

........and yet this little bit of tidbit of information will help and make a lot of other people happy. Thanks for sharing.

No, because I was absolutely delighted to find a small package of dryer sheets (Bounce) at Target for $.99, as well as a small bottle of Woolite for $1.29.(it was enough to do about six handwashings of swimsuits and the like). It made my day, mostly because it was what I wanted and not what was being offered in the vending machines! Little things mean a lot.

Charlie

I plan to do just one load of laundry mid week and that's only because I go to the gym twice a day and that stuff stinks! I'm also going to San Juan 3 days early which means the stuff will stink longer. I found the cutest thing at Target today. It's a travel size of Tide liquid detergent in a miniature Tide bottle complete with the blue measuring cap and enough for two loads all for 99 cents. Amazing what little things make me happy!

The day before our Alaskan cruise we went into a Seattle Target and bought one of those. Before our last cruise, I measured out enough detergent for a few loads (we have switched to an allergin free type of detergent which isn't available in the laundry room) in ziplock bags. We were driving to our port so it wasn't a problem to pack these.

I found that each time I cruise, I am able to pack less and less. I manage to wear white cotton slacks with three different very casual tops (almost t shirts) for dinner and the evening (I'm female) and black slacks with two different tops the other nights. Plus the two formals of course! Yes, I am a lot more casual than some people but I never feel inappropriately dressed and am always comfortable. Just thought I'd mention this to all those people who wonder what to wear so they know there will be at least one person wearing the same pants three times! I always just pray I don't spill anything into my lap.
There's always the laundry and dry cleaning service, too. They are pretty speedy and not that expensive. ... and you can be enjoying the cruise while someone else does the laundry!

We too are taking less and less each trip and it does mean a couple of trips doing laundry. On the otherhand, I like doing the laundry because it does two really needed things: first it makes me slow down. We are always in some kind of rush either to get to some shore excursion or just find a place to relax. So it is nice to ensure we have an hour or so every couple of days just to stop and wait a bit. Second on the list is that the laundries are a great place to meet people. I have met some of the nicest folks in the laundry rooms.

And now we return to the real discussion.

I always pack too much. Just returned 3-25-06 from the Sapphire. Today, I took an inventory of what I didn't wear. Alot! Will use it next year to help me remember to be realitic about what I pack. I did see a lot of capri's at dinner on this trip. They looked nice, the ladies wore them with nice tops, jewelery, and nice shoes. Did not see jeans! I probably wouldn't care anyway. Phyllis

Archived