Dining Times and Waits Norwegian Sun

Greetings.  We will be taking our first Norwegian Cruise in January 2025 aboard the Norwegian Sun.  I have seen a few stories about the long waiting periods in the main dining rooms on some ships if you fail to reserve in advance.  Has anyone been on the Sun recently who can chime in with thoughts?  Just trying to decide if we need to reserve in advance for the MDR.  Thanks for any help or advice you can give!  Cheers!

The Sun is a very small ship.  Reservations for the two Main Dining Rooms are probably not needed.  Dining for both are open seating.  Dining Rooms usually open about 5:30 P.M. and are open as late as necessary.  There may be a line when the dining rooms open but lasts only a few minutes.  One of the main dining rooms is off the ship's lobby.

The Sun is a wonderful ship.

Enjoy

• Like 3

On 4/12/2024 at 9:37 AM, www3traveler said:

The Sun is a very small ship.  Reservations for the two Main Dining Rooms are probably not needed.  Dining for both are open seating.  Dining Rooms usually open about 5:30 P.M. and are open as late as necessary.  There may be a line when the dining rooms open but lasts only a few minutes.  One of the main dining rooms is off the ship's lobby.

The Sun is a wonderful ship.

Enjoy

Great!  Thank you for the information.  We are looking forward to our first time on NCL.  Appreciate your response and help.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:17 AM, Lindy Sue said:

Greetings.  We will be taking our first Norwegian Cruise in January 2025 aboard the Norwegian Sun.  I have seen a few stories about the long waiting periods in the main dining rooms on some ships if you fail to reserve in advance.  Has anyone been on the Sun recently who can chime in with thoughts?  Just trying to decide if we need to reserve in advance for the MDR.  Thanks for any help or advice you can give!  Cheers!

We sailed the Sun but it has been a while.  I do not recall ever having an especially long wait for any seating at any meal.  It really is just luck of the draw though.  If you prefer to dine at the same time a lot of others on your crusie do, there could be some wait.  However based on the size of the ship and the seating capacity of the MDRs I would thknk you would be OK.  If you do run into longer waits.  Ask the crew member handling the seating what the slower times are and maybe adjust your dining time accordingly.  I think you will enjoy your NCL cruise.  All of ours have been fantastic!

• Like 1