What do you ladies put in laundry bag?

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Going on the Venezia in November for 20 days!!  No launderettes on this ship.  I am platinum but afraid to send my laundry out.  At home I wash everything in cold water so I'm afraid they will shrink my clothes.  For those that send out laundry, do you normally wash at home in hot water?  I'm ok with sending out underwear and socks but not shirts or pants.

I wash in cold at home.  I send a bag of laundry nearly every day on the ship and include everything except clothing I hang dry or dry clean.  I've never had a problem and been doing it for years.

• Like 4

On 4/14/2024 at 10:44 AM, jsglow said:

We travel worldwide for weeks on end with a carry-on plus backpack each. We are always sensitive to the clothing we bring making sure it's appropriately 'weathered'. Still, there are items we will hand wash in the sink. We typically send out a modest bag of laundry every 2-3 days. In what probably now approaches 100 total laundry bags on Carnival, we've probably had 2-3 items that were slightly impacted but it is worth noting that general fading does occur over time. I've noticed a few polos that I often take where after a half dozen trips through the ship's laundry it is somewhat noticeable when compared against brand new. We take the approach that clothes do wear out over time and industrial washers are hard on them. We're blessed to be able to travel and that's a small price to pay.

Oh, and I must strenuously object to the thread title!!!! I'm a guy and am routinely responsible for our laundry onboard. (Just pullin' your chain OP. 😁) Sail on. 

Yes, many guys do laundry but I was mostly concerned about Womens more delicate fabric stuff.👙🤭

On 4/14/2024 at 10:44 AM, jsglow said:

We travel worldwide for weeks on end with a carry-on plus backpack each. We are always sensitive to the clothing we bring making sure it's appropriately 'weathered'. Still, there are items we will hand wash in the sink. We typically send out a modest bag of laundry every 2-3 days. In what probably now approaches 100 total laundry bags on Carnival, we've probably had 2-3 items that were slightly impacted but it is worth noting that general fading does occur over time. I've noticed a few polos that I often take where after a half dozen trips through the ship's laundry it is somewhat noticeable when compared against brand new. We take the approach that clothes do wear out over time and industrial washers are hard on them. We're blessed to be able to travel and that's a small price to pay.

Oh, and I must strenuously object to the thread title!!!! I'm a guy and am routinely responsible for our laundry onboard. (Just pullin' your chain OP. 😁) Sail on. 

• Haha 1

Yes, many guys do laundry- that’s great! But I was most concerned about how Carnival handled the more delicate items that women usually have👙🤭and whether or not CCL does separate delicate washes. Thanks again for everyone’s information 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Going on the Venezia in November for 20 days!!  No launderettes on this ship.  I am platinum but afraid to send my laundry out.  At home I wash everything in cold water so I'm afraid they will shrink my clothes.  For those that send out laundry, do you normally wash at home in hot water?  I'm ok with sending out underwear and socks but not shirts or pants.

I do not wash my clothes in hot water at home, but I accept that anything I send out on the ship will be washed in hot water and dried in a very hot dryer.  I only send out items that I feel will be ok with that treatment once in a while, even if that's not my normal care at home.  I've had some wrinkling among the items I have sent, but no permanent damage such as shrinking or color-fading.   

As I mentioned in my previous post, I find 100% cotton knits are the most likely to shrink, so I try to build my cruise wardrobe around either cotton/polyester blends or woven cottons.  

For those items that I don't want to send to the ship's laundry, I wash them out in the bathroom sink and hang to dry on the clothesline in the shower or any other place I can improvise, using inflatable hangers and clothespin/hook combinations.  I use a product called "Sink Suds" from Amazon - small packets of laundry detergent, though you could simply use the shampoo provided in the shower. Wrap the wet items in a towel to get out as much of the water as possible before hanging to dry. The pool towels are great for this purpose - easily swapped out for dry ones at the pool.   

Enjoy your 20-day cruise!  

• Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 7:02 PM, living at the beach said:

So do things come out okay? Do they wash on normal spin or do something’s on delicate?

We have used the service several times in the past.  I found all my laundry was nicely done and clean.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 6:47 PM, Colorado Beach Bum said:

We send out multiple bags every cruise and have never had any issues. Jeans, shorts, shirts, swimsuits, socks, underwear - basically anything that’s washer safe. 

I've never had a problem with sending out clothes that I'd wash on permapress at home.  Many people that I've seen using the laundryrooms on the ships would be much better off sending it out...3-4 loads crammed into a washer, all colors and types of clothing, then dried till the clothes look like little rags.  

• Like 1