Cabin availability

Posted (edited)

I'm sailing on Viva next March. With the new solo cabins being extended beyond just the studios, a couple of months ago I called NCL to ask about a change to a balcony. It seems I was too late in deciding on that, as no more solo balcony cabins were available.

Today I called about switching to a solo ocean view. The representative said they were not seeing any, but did not specifically state they were sold out (I don't know if NCL has a way to see when the last available cabin in a particular category was sold).

They then said, I can always change to an ocean view (obviously that would be a single supplement charge whereas the solo ocean view would not have this). They also said people cancel all the time I can always keep checking online.

How would I check this? I'm thinking the only option is to keep calling NCL and seeing what the status is. There's nothing wrong with a studio, but I'd just like to try out a different cabin especially now that the solo cabin expansion has become an option.

Edited by cb2367
-

Based on this, it looks like I missed out on the opportunity to upgrade. Best I can do now is upgrade to an inside although I don't know that it would be much of an upgrade. I guess I'll have to see if anything changes between now and final payment date.