Difficulties making dinner bookings on the app

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2024 at 1:46 PM, Boatharbour said:

Several months ago I made dinner bookings for our January 2025 cruise on Sapphire Princess. Since then we’ve cancelled and rebooked the cruise at a lower price. I now need to rebook our dinners as we have a new booking number, but the app won’t let me. I’ve tried different dining rooms and specialty dining to no avail. 

Does anyone know what this error message might mean? Thank you.

IMG_1665.png

We have had that error since the new app launched. Haven't been able to book a specialty restaurant booking since, so helpful this new app idea. About as helpful as our CVP who won't return phone calls....

Edited by Womble99

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Guess lots of you missed the beginning of this thread and the press release that there are new dining reservations setup.  Thus anything after 14 September has been cancelled and bookings will open on June 17th.

Oceanlover - you and everyone else will need to wait for MDR reservations 

I’m a first timer with Princess and didn’t realise that the pinned thread addressed the issues I was having. Rookie error. 
By coincidence I received an email from Princess today outlining all the changes to dining with the start up dates. 

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Guess lots of you missed the beginning of this thread and the press release that there are new dining reservations setup.  Thus anything after 14 September has been cancelled and bookings will open on June 17th.

Oceanlover - you and everyone else will need to wait for MDR reservations 

I was not trying to make MDR reservations,  I was trying to make specialty and it is trying to charge me. LOL I have plenty of time still.

We've not received any e-mail from Princess about changes to the dining times or anything... but we can't make dining reservations for the MDR until our cruise is paid in full in September (for December 14 Cruise) - that's what the message on the app tells me "to access dining reservations, your voyage must be paid in full or you must be Platinum, or Elite Captains Circle member or have Full Suite or Mini Club Class Suite"

10 hours ago, Muffinz said:

We've not received any e-mail from Princess about changes to the dining times or anything... but we can't make dining reservations for the MDR until our cruise is paid in full in September (for December 14 Cruise) - that's what the message on the app tells me "to access dining reservations, your voyage must be paid in full or you must be Platinum, or Elite Captains Circle member or have Full Suite or Mini Club Class Suite"

This is the email I received yesterday.

Dear Princess Guest: 

Princess Cruises recently announced it is making a significant enhancement to the main dining options found across its fleet, designed to give you the ultimate in flexibility and choice when it comes to your dining experience. 

Starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet* to three table service options: 

• Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening 
  • Reservable dining times 
  • Open seating to support walk-ins anytime 

To support these changes and the transition to the new system, main dining reservations that you may have already made will be cancelled. 

This change does not affect anyone booked in specialty dining restaurants or suite or reserve collection accommodations, who enjoy a dedicated dining room on Princess ships, where no reservations are required. 

Starting June 17, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

* Reservable and Walk-in Anytime Dining will be combined into a single Main Dining Room location aboard Coral Princess and Island Princess.

18 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

This is the email I received yesterday.

Dear Princess Guest: 

Princess Cruises recently announced it is making a significant enhancement to the main dining options found across its fleet, designed to give you the ultimate in flexibility and choice when it comes to your dining experience. 

Starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet* to three table service options: 

• Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening 
  • Reservable dining times 
  • Open seating to support walk-ins anytime 

To support these changes and the transition to the new system, main dining reservations that you may have already made will be cancelled. 

This change does not affect anyone booked in specialty dining restaurants or suite or reserve collection accommodations, who enjoy a dedicated dining room on Princess ships, where no reservations are required. 

Starting June 17, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

* Reservable and Walk-in Anytime Dining will be combined into a single Main Dining Room location aboard Coral Princess and Island Princess.

ok thanks for that - we can look forward to an e-mail from Princess in the near future explaining it all 🙂