Cabins 6000/6001 on “R” class ships

Dbaa767

I am booked in cabin 6000 on an upcoming Regatta sailing.  Looking for feedback on the noise/comfort level in this forward facing cabin.   Motion does not bother me, but noise from theater or banging waves might.   Seems like the view from up front would be spectacular - especially in Alaska.  Please let me know your pros and cons regarding these forward facing cabins.  

We always choose 7000 or 7001 when available, though we have also sailed in 6001 when the deck 7 cabins were already taken.

As you surmise, the "Captain's view" from the forward-facing cabins is worth the price of admission, regardless whether on deck 6 or deck 7.  Yes, there's more motion of the ocean than amidships and there can be some (or many) "kabooms" in vigorous seas.  But we're not bothered by that so, if you're not either, then you needn't worry.  After all, a lot of pax pay big bucks for the Vista suites immediately adjacent, so how bad can it be?

The theater is a different matter.  In 6001, we could definitely hear show rehearsals from below on afternoons in port or during calm sea days (i.e., nap time), as well as the shows themselves on relatively calm nights at sea.  OTOH, if the seas are rockin', then that drowns out (so to speak) the show noise from below.

On balance, it's not that big a deal and we'll still take 6000 or 6001 any time we can't get the cabins directly above.

Either deck, you're in a Concierge cabin so the window to make specialty reservations opens for you earlier than for most folks: a boon if you prefer two-top dining at specific times.