Booking Entertainment and other questions

I recently booked a cruise coming up in September and this is first time on an Oasis class ship and I have to book some of the entertainment in advance.  It hasn't shown up yet in my Cruise Planner.  How long does it take usually to show up? Wondering when I need to really start watching.  Also internet is around $22 per day right now.  Is it likely to go any lower?  Anything else specific to Oasis class ships I need to do before I head out?  Thanks!!

5 minutes ago, jennellen said:

How long does it take usually to show up?

No set time these days. It used to be early in the month before your cruise month but my 6/2 Wonder entertainment opened 2 days ago (50 days out and 2 months before my cruise month).

7 minutes ago, jennellen said:

Also internet is around $22 per day right now.  Is it likely to go any lower?

You can purchase now and, if you see a lower price, cancel and re-book.

• Like 1

Thanks @OCSC Mike for your quick response. 

My last cruise was in 2019 and on Liberty and the Oasis ship has so many more things to plan for it seems.  Don't want to miss something.  I'm doing Harmony.  Is there any specialty restaurant that is a must?  Not a huge foodie so don't plan to do the ultimate dining, at least I don't think I am.  

• Like 1

Just now, jennellen said:

I'm doing Harmony.  Is there any specialty restaurant that is a must?

Food is VERY subjective. I can tell you what I like but that doesn't mean you will. My standard advice is to choose based on what looks good to you (and your party).

We don't do a ton of specialty dining and Harmony actually only has one restaurant I've been to so I can't give much of a personal opinion anyway.

I like Sabor (many don't) but that's mainly just for the guac, the bacon jalapeno chicken app, and the desserts. Not a big fan of the entrees but it's inexpensive compared to other specialty restaurants so I'm content eating chips and guac, a bunch of those jalapeno chicken apps (our server on Allure in October brought me a triple order when I told her how much I liked them, lol), and desserts.

15 minutes ago, jennellen said:

My last cruise was in 2019 and on Liberty and the Oasis ship has so many more things to plan for it seems.  Don't want to miss something.

First time on Oasis class has that effect. Just do your research, watch YouTube videos, ask questions like you are, and don't get overwhelmed or drive yourself nuts worrying about missing something.

This will be a solo cruise.  And I've done Chops, Giovanni's and Sabor on other ships and they were all fine.  Chops probably my favorite.  Altho the margs in Sabor were very very good.  I'm leaning away from doing any of the speciality dining or maybe will decide once onboard if I feel the need.  I'll have some OBC to spend so maybe will use it there to treat myself.  It looks like there are plenty of included onboard food options.  I'll check out menus, photos, etc of the speciality dining and see if anything strikes me.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jennellen said:

the margs in Sabor were very very good

Agreed. Since you like margs, there’s a new one in the Schooner Bar I tried for the 1st time last month on Wonder that I liked… Desert Pear with a black salt rim.

IMG_1949.thumb.jpeg.c76b0eeb81e7c96b7905c01fa58bd29a.jpeg

• Like 1