February Weather in Caribbean

I will have an extra week's vacation in 2007 and we're debating between a Southern or a Western Caribbean vacation. I prefer Southern BUT, we're doing a back to back Southern Caribbean during the holidays. I wouldn't mind going again but, it's nice to see something different too. We haven't done a Western Caribbean in a while but, how is the weather in the Western Caribbean in mid-February? Is there a lot of rain? I don't care about the temperature, 70s are just fine with me but, I would hate it to rain, I know there is a lesser chance of rain in the Southern Caribbean during that time of year. Let me know you're experiences! Thanks.

We were on the Miracle on Feb. 19 for a Western Caribbean cruise and weather was absolutely perfect. Even nights were warm. We had an afternoon shower in Cozumel that lasted about 10 minutes but that was it for the whole week!

We were able to lay down in the sun and enjoy the beach at each port (except for Belize where we went cave tubing). Days at sea were windy but still warm. Seems already so long ago :( .

Last year we cruised on the Miracle western caribbean and the weather was awesome all week- high 80's low himidity. Hardly cloudy.

This year--same week we sailed the liberty--western caribbean.

Fort Lauderdale was high 50's

Freeport was low 50's Very windy.

Grand cayman was nice- with temps in the 70s and Ocho rios was high 80s

So you see--its kinda hit and miss. What you have this year might not be what you have next year.

Still even so 50 degrees surely beat the snow we were having as we were leaving.

Archived