Accra Beach Question

JHealy28S

There is a reef just off the beach at Accra/Rockley Beach. However, I'm sure there maybe better places to snorkle.. but it's my favorite beach... sooo.. we go.

Right now the waves have been up due to some serious swells coming onto the island. It's not been nice for seabathers around the island (surfers are having a blast).

The times I have been to Accra beach there were waves, not huge but once in a while a big one might come in. I like the beach at Worthing, I believe it is also known as Sandy Beach (Sunniebgi can clarify this).The water there is quite shallow and to me it is a beautiful beach.

I also like Paynes Bay and Mullins on the West Coast.

if snorkeling is what you want, I would recommend going up to folkstone park just north of Holetown on the west coast. Not much of a beach (better if it's low tide), but they have a marine park that I understand has some great snorkeling.. was there for a swim about 3 weeks ago, but didn't have my stuff to do any snorkeling..

enjoy

• 5 years later...
Do they rent chairs and umbrellas at this beach?

Well we went in 09 our driver dropped us the farthest beach bar at the end of the beach and they gave us chairs as long as we bought some stuff from the bar . No need for an umbrella as there was some nice shade trees for me and then a few feet up my wife was able to get some sun. It was very nice .

Do they rent chairs and umbrellas at this beach?

When we were there in 12/2010, yes they rented chairs & umbrellas. They were nasty & in disrepair. Accra/Rockley is a public beach. We were there in December and the beach was packed with folks that rented homes for the December holiday season in the area. They came with huge coolers and large parties and to me it felt like I was back home in the states and not on a pretty Barbados beach. Now, everyone has different likes and dislikes. We know people that go there, hang out at the end near Bar Knai and love it. [For us, this was not the case and we would prefer a beach in Carlisle bay. We rather pay to get on a quieter, prettier beach.] Food here at bar Knai was 'acceptable', nothing more. It took 50 minutes for my kids to order and eat chicken fingers, lol. They did not appear to be busy.

Archived