Once you go "AFT" you an never go back.

Just got off the Brilliance, had our 1st experience in an aft cabin. It was such a great experience that you will not want to settle for anything else, Period. We booked our trip for next year while we were on the ship, & the Itinery and Ship picked had to be worked around an aft cabin. :D :D :D

Best vacation (and cruise!) I've ever had - aft Jewel cabin Dec '05. We napped on the balcony every afternoon and ended up coming back to the ship early from the ports so we could enjoy the balcony! It's the only way to go!

Tanker

Having sailed aft and "hump" (Radiance class), we actually prefer the hump cabins to the aft cabins... both balconies are much larger than standard, plus you have the mid-ship convenience with a hump cabin. I never thought it would be such a big deal, but being midship is great (especially with a larger balcony!).

All Afts are not alike; we had Aft 9256 on Jewel in January - absolutely wonderful; my Sis and BIL had Aft 8168 also terrific. I have heard that the Afts on the voyager class ships are not as good because of soot which is definitely not a problem on the radiance class ships.

Have booked a hump room on the Explorer for next December because I was leery of an aft on that class of ship.

Bottom line: As long as it is a balcony cabin I am very happy.

We have had 3 afts on the Vision class and our next aft will be on the Navigator. I am a little nervous about all the structure on the back of the ship. The pictures I have seen definitely don't have the same aft balcony affect.

There are plenty of hump cabins available. Now I am considering changing so that we have a clean view with no obstruction.

Those who have had afts on the different ships, what do you think?:confused: I knew I would not like the lower level afts toward the inside. All that metal to look through? We are in 9392 hoping for an open air feel. :confused:

All Afts are not alike; we had Aft 9256 on Jewel in January - absolutely wonderful; my Sis and BIL had Aft 8168 also terrific. I have heard that the Afts on the voyager class ships are not as good because of soot which is definitely not a problem on the radiance class ships.

Have booked a hump room on the Explorer for next December because I was leery of an aft on that class of ship.

Bottom line: As long as it is a balcony cabin I am very happy.

we were posting the same concerns at the same time... LOL:D ;)

We had aft cabin 8586 on Grandeur last December. It was absolute heaven! We rebooked same cruise, same cabin, for next year!

Our kids had just as much fun out there as we did!

Some might think the walk is long - but it was well worth it! I can't say enough good things about it!

Jandie

Grandeur of the Seas DECEMBER '06

Majesty of the Seas MAY '06

-----------

Grandeur of the Seas Dec. 05

Carnival Fasination Jan. 04

Majesty of the Seas Jan. 97

We just got off the Splendour 2 days ago!! We had aft 8084 and we absolutly LOVED it. We had no soot or privacy problems.

It was large enough for two loungers and 2 chairs and a table. We loved sunning on it when it was too windy on top. We had cheese and fruit every night before the late seating.

We will never sail any other way!!!:D

Has anyone heard pros/cons lately about aft corner cabins on Adventure of the Seas? I booked mine today, 8690, and have read some comments both for and against. Now I'm wondering if I should switch to a hump cabin? I usually go frugal (inside cabin) and am splurging this year for a balcony, so I want to be sure I get the best one!

Thanks in advance!

Liz

Just got off the Brilliance, had our 1st experience in an aft cabin. It was such a great experience that you will not want to settle for anything else, Period. We booked our trip for next year while we were on the ship, & the Itinery and Ship picked had to be worked around an aft cabin. :D :D :D

Had our first aft cabin and you're right, we'll never go back. We'll never go back to an aft cabin that is.

Personally, we didn't see what was so great about the aft cabin but, you have to keep in mind that we're not sun people so we don't lay out in the sun around the pool (or on the balcony). We didn't care for the long walk to get anywhere and there was a little more motion, a little more noise and soot on the balcony each day.

We still prefer mid ship closer to the elevators over the aft cabins. So I guess the good news is you won't have to worry about us ever competing with any aft cabin lovers for that spot.

I have had a regular balcony cabin and loved it. Had a "hump" cabin and thought that it was the best thing. Next up "aft" on the Grandeur and can hardly wait.

I have often heard "once you go aft you can't go back (forward) and I am going to find out for ourselves in 3 weeks.

My only concern about aft would be motion. Hopefully it won't be to rocky back there.

My only concern about aft would be motion. Hopefully it won't be to rocky back there.

We had one night on splendour that was pretty wavey...that was the day we couldn't dock in costa maya. I felt motion but nothing more that any other room. I was top floor aft...and did just great...not that big of a difference.

also as I stated earlier...no soot...we loved it!!:p

We LOVE aft cabins on the Radiance class ships. We've done 2 on Radiance and specifically planned our Jewel Cruise around getting an aft.

We don't mind the walk and I've not noticed any more motion. We never had any soot problems either.

We haven't tried Voyager class aft mainly because of the view obstructing structure. We've not tried the hump. If we go back to doing Voyager class I think we'll try that.

Can't wait for Jewel - 4 weeks and counting!:D

Patty

We have done aft on Splendour and loved it. We did aft on Mariner and did not like it because of the design. The smaller ships allow a better view looking down whereas the Mariner was too angled or slanted away from looking down -- make sense? We have a hump booked for the Jewel (1554) to see what this experience is like.

We were in cabin 8172 on Jewel of the seas two weeks ago, for our first aft cabin. There are pros and cons. There wasn't any wind on the balcony when we were at sea (I liked that). The right seperating wall on the balcony was solid steel (nice for privacy). We spent more time on our balcony for these reasons, and it was very comfortable in the loungers (plenty of room).

I will admit it got a little old walking the entire length of the hallway, from the centrum to our cabin (its far- 120 paces for me), especially with food from the wind jammer for lunch on the balcony. One other thing, if you like your balcony door open all night, bring a bungie cord (or something?) to hold the door open, because it just keeps slamming back and forth with the swell. Reminds me of one other thing, we checked out the aft of the deck below us and found a "crew only door" which was slamming shut off and on alot everyday at different intervals (alittle annoying). Nice Itinerary good cruise and nice cabin with pros and cons.

Archived