Port Arrival times in Civitavecchia

We will be on the Carnival Legend sailing Sept 26. I need to arrange transfer to the port from our hotel in Rome. We leave the port at 7pm. I was just assuming that boarding times would be around 11. However, I am hearing that times might not start till one. For those that have done this itinerary or similar, what times were available to choose for arrival? I have transfer company in place, as we have a group, but I don't want to get to port and have to wait around. We are platinum so we will be able to choose our arrival time at the 16 day mark so we should be able to get one of the first times offered. Thank you!

• Like 1

So here's what I'm remembering. Boarding began as normal about 11a if memory serves. But unlike in Miami (or any other American port for that matter), there isn't a crush of people at the outset. Rather, they trickle in throughout the day. We took the train down in the morning, had coffee and pastries at the local shop in town, then walked to the port bus loading area and went to the ship. We were surprised NOT to find a big crowd as one normally would here in the US. There were people, sure, but not the masses early in the boarding process. I'm thinking that our train might have left Rome at 8:30a and arrived in Civitavecchia around 9:30a.

Further details are sketchy for me as this was in '22. Also understand that because most folks board mid afternoon or later, Carnival MAY have simply pushed the start into the afternoon so I can't comment on the most recent procedure from the '23 season. 

• Like 2