Baby beach

KJRottie

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone had any comments on baby beach. we have a 10 month old and are looking for a beach with calm waters for him to play in with us. Read that Baby beach was nice for that. any suggestions?? Thanks KJRottie:rolleyes:

Every beach along the western coast has calm water (I have seen maybe ten "waves" in the three times I have been there). Baby Beach would be fine for your family, however I don't recall there being any bathroom or restaurant or any service other than some guy taking money for chair rentals, etc.

My personal favorite is Eagle Beach (LaCabana/Amsterdam Manor). I don't know about Day Passes, however I do know some cruise lines offer a cattameran (sp?) ride from the dock to Palm Beach (Holiday Inn, Marriott, Wyndam, Radisson) where you can hang out and relax for the day or a few hours. I would not recommend snorkeling on Palm Beach as there are too many people in the water and there run water sports right at the Pelican Peir...you may see a fish here and there, but nothing exciting!

For snorkeling w/ food, bathrooms, etc. consider De Palm Island. The last time I visited De Palm Island (August 05) they were shipping in sand to broaden their beach (wasn't anything special). They did have a nice deck w/ chairs you could lay out on or you could wade in the "beach" they had made! The snorkeling at DePalm Island is AMAZING!!!! It is a nice relaxing afternoon --- you get food, beverages, snorkel equipment (if you don't have your own), a guide will show you how to move around the coral.

If you have any other questions, just let me know!

Archived